• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scheduling Thread for IRON DM 2014

Rune

Once A Fool
Hey, [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], since you're coming late to the party, I wanted to make sure you checked out the rules for this year's tournament.

In particular, I want to make sure you know your Round 1 match will have a 24 time-limit (and that the format changes for each round).

phoamslinger

Explorer
ok then. [MENTION=6786484]PnPgamer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], since weekends/Sundays work best for both of you (and Wicht is unavailable for round 2 for a while anyways),

I will be posting your list of ingredients late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. because of the odd start time, I will give you until 7:00am Monday to work with them.

bring your A games, fellas. these are going to be a treat!

Rune

Once A Fool
Agh. Two weeks? I'm sorry, but we may have to go with an alternate if you really can't go this weekend.

We want that February match to be the last Round 2 match, not the first one!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
My schedule is fairly consistent, so any Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday works for me.

I saw the rules; I think most of the ones I did "back in the day" were 24 hour limits (that almost no one stuck to or punished).

PnPgamer

Explorer
Okay, i think i am hindering your tournament because i have so few open spots during a week. I will drop that someone more available can enter.

I am sorry about wasting your time. Maybe next year then.

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=6786484]PnPgamer[/MENTION]:

No worries. You haven't wasted our time. It's just much more difficult to organize an event like this and keep it going over a longer stretch of time.

The reasons are twofold, but related:

First, momentum can quickly get lost over long stretches with no matches.

Second, it is much harder to keep people tuned in over two months than one (especially with the aforementioned stretches of inactivity). This leads to significantly greater challenges in scheduling than we've seen yet in this tournament.

Okay. I said two, but here's a third: as hard as competing can be, judging is harder, and organizing it is even harder than that. And I'm out of booze money. :)

Anyway, I am glad you signed up in the first place, but I do appreciate your decision to step down rather than compete when you can't give it your all. I am sorry we couldn't make it work this time around, but I do hope you have the opportunity to do so next time.

Just to give you an idea when that might be, I think we'll be aiming for Septemberish. After the big cons, but before the big holidays.

Good luck, and thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
[MENTION=635]Quickbeam[/MENTION] and [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION], whichever one of you responds to this first is in for Match 4.

Please post schedule availability with your response.

phoamslinger

Explorer
[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION]

unless I hear from you, I will post your ingredients late, late tonight, early tomorrow morning. you will have all day Thursday to work on them, until 6am Friday morning.

that will give me the weekend to hopefully get the judging done (and I'll probably need it).

Remove ads