• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scheduling Thread for IRON DM 2014

Rune

Once A Fool
2nd Edit: Just reread it... why is it only after you hit Post that you catch the worst of your editing gaffes? Oh well, been looking at it for the last 3 hours straight and it all starts to blur together after a while. My Iron Fu is rusty...

Pro tip for the audience: avoid using your phone to write an IRON DM entry. Your auto-correct hates you. :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Pro tip for the audience: avoid using your phone to write an IRON DM entry. Your auto-correct hates you. :)

I can't even imagine. My spell check kept wanting to change "Aberrancy" to "Cranberry", "Caeneus" to "Caduceus", "Soylent" to "Somnolent", and "Rustmourn" to "Rumbustious". I didn't even know that last one was a word (rambunctious/unruly, if you were wondering).

I have an old flip phone and my fingers hurt after a short text conversation with my girlfriend; can't imagine what they'd feel like after 13 pages!

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I have an old flip phone and my fingers hurt after a short text conversation with my girlfriend; can't imagine what they'd feel like after 13 pages!

I don't believe you would have fingers at the end of that. :p

I just read your 13 pages, and that is a fantastic piece of work. Very full of detail. Well done!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I don't believe you would have fingers at the end of that. :p

I just read your 13 pages, and that is a fantastic piece of work. Very full of detail. Well done!

Thank you!

I loved your scarecrow, especially the way it comes apart during the combat. As strange as it may sound, I've tried to work scarecrow monsters into several campaigns over the years, perhaps inspired by WoW's Harvest Golems. I had a secret inner glow of delight when you had one in your entry. :)

Rune

Once A Fool
Could you guys take any non-scheduling commentary over to the other thread?

I've detailed the reasons for this upthread, but that was before either of you showed up. Short version: stuff gets lost.

But please do hide any commentary on entries not yet judged inside sblocks.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Will do from here-on out. Previous Iron DMs we weren't to post ANYTHING in the other thread aside from actual entries and all discussion was in this post. Is the other one for all general commentary from anyone, not just the participants?

Rune

Once A Fool
Will do from here-on out. Previous Iron DMs we weren't to post ANYTHING in the other thread aside from actual entries and all discussion was in this post. Is the other one for all general commentary from anyone, not just the participants?

Yes. And trash-talk. There should be plenty of that.

(Previous concerns about clutter in the tournament thread don't matter so much, because all entries and judgements get linked in the first post. Also, the commentary and trash-talk will provide context for the tournament when that thread gets archived and this one doesn't.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads