• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sci-Fi gamers: what's the RPG you use / prefer

Sci-Fi gamers: what's the RPG you use / prefer for sci-fi?

• D20 Modern + D20 Future line

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Sci-fi d20 (OGL Cybernet, Blood & Space, etc.)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Darwin World or other d20 Post Apocalyptic

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Star Wars d20

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • D&D in space (Dragonstar, Bulldogs!, etc.)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • True20

• Mutants & Masterminds

• Traveller d20

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Traveller (classic / mega)

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • Savage Worlds

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • GURPS

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Dream Pod 9

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 48 38.1%

Turanil

First Post
Title says it all. Tell about your sci-fi games, if you have had long campaigns, the style and genre you prefer (space-opera or hard sci-fi), etc.

Baron Opal

First Post
Currently it would be a mix of Trinity, White Wolf's now defunct sci-fi game, and a healthy dose of Dream Pod 9's Sol system setting and Fading Suns. The campaign would be centered around a partially explored solar system with a few systems that were colonized with technology no longer available.

mpm5

First Post
I DM a group who are all playing Babylon 5 (2nd Edition) from Mongoose. Although it's d20, the game pulls the players away from combat only system due to the low hit points and no XP rewards for killing. This make for a much more interesting diplomatic/problem solving game.

Starglim

Explorer
Alternity still works for me. I've played Star Wars d20 and the ruleset works for that setting. I doubt I'll lose my nostalgia for 2300AD.

Remove ads