• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scientists find fossil of enormous bug

Ilium

First Post
That's a pretty serious bug. I wonder how strong something like that would be. A colony of these things in some remote swamp would be great fodder for a horror/sci-fi game.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ilium said:
That's a pretty serious bug. I wonder how strong something like that would be. A colony of these things in some remote swamp would be great fodder for a horror/sci-fi game.

Not all that strong - sea scorpions are aquatic, so they don't have to haul the weight around the same way a land critter does.

Which is not to say that big honkin' bugs like this wouldn't be good for a game :)

Ilium

First Post
Umbran said:
Not all that strong - sea scorpions are aquatic, so they don't have to haul the weight around the same way a land critter does.

Which is not to say that big honkin' bugs like this wouldn't be good for a game :)
Yeah, they wouldn't need to be super-strong if they can drag you into the water to drown...

I think it would be fun to run a one-shot game, with the PCs as the survivors of a plane crash in the Everglades, or Louisiana Bayou country or something. They get hunted by the critters, have to escape, etc. Usual horror-movie stuff. But at the end of the game, you show the players the actual news articles. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads