• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SciFi to DnD Coversion/Perry Rhodan] The Bridge to Eternity - and more!

Knight Otu

First Post
Hello, Geron! :)

...sorry, gotta get back into my time machine...
:D

Meant 2100, of course...silly typos...
No problem, it happens to everybody! :)

But concerning high strength..I guess th high-G races might be tough to portray as PC races...imagine Ertrusans, Oxtornes or Halutans as PC races...who´d want to
play a puny human?
That is what the ECL/Level Adjustment is for - Highly powered races advance in levels slower than "normal" races.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
:rolleyes: Late, as always. :rolleyes:

Blue
Medium-Size Humanoid (Blue)
Hit Dice:
1d8-1 (3 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 small shield)
Attacks: Longsword +2 melee
Damage: Longsword 1d8
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./ 5 ft.
Special Qualities: Blue traits
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 13, Con 8, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 9
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +6, Search +4
Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus(long sword)
Climate/Terrain: Any land
Organization: Team (2-4), squad (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), clan (50-200 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, 3 7th-level captains and 1 clan lord of 10th level)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Often neutral
Advancement: By character class
Blues are a humanoid race with swift reflexes, a full 360 degree vision and a nearly ultrasonic voice.
Blues have a humanoid body with a head looking like two dishes standing on each other, supported by a long neck. Four eyes, looking similar to that of a cat, are set into this head equidistantly, allowing all-round vision. It is colored in a faint pink with individual spots, lines and stripes.
The head is supported by a long, thin neck with a mouth at the bottom. Most of the body, except for head and the neck, are covered by a blue fur, which gave them their name among other humanoid races. Their real name, Jülziish, is rarely used by others.
Their hands sport four fingers and three thumbs. They grow about 6.5 feet high.
Combat
In combat, blues utilize their agility and swiftness, trying to surprise their enemies. By acting earlier than their enemies, they often have the edge against slower, but stronger enemies. A few high ranking blues have inherited Molkex armor from a long-ended alliance with the Terror Worms.
Blue Traits (Ex): Blues benefit from a number of racial traits:
>>> All-Around Vision: +4 racial bonus to Spot and Search checks, cannot be flanked.
>>> +2 racial bonus on saves against sonic effects.
>>> Improved Initiative as a bonus feat
Blues Society
Due to their high fertility, blues care less for family life than humans, and more for the race as a whole. Even though they often fight amongst each other, they unite against a common thread even more so than humans do.
The architecture of the blues mostly revolves around the cylinder and the sphere, due to their four eyes, although other forms can be found occasionally. They strive for a near equality of all sides and directions, only differing between front and back due to the fact that their arms and legs only function in one direction.
Three great faiths exist within the blues society. One of them, the faith in the creatures, is almost universal. This faith assume a nearly countless number of semi-divine creatures that are called upon as neccessary, such as the white creature of clarity and truth, the black creature of space and death, the golden-yellow creature of peace, the light-blue creature of honorable rest, the gray creature of doubt, the violet creature of deception, the myriad-tongued creature of gossip, and many more.
In addition to believing in the creatures, most blues follow either the teachings of the Tlyünosmun or of the Maahtran (Ma-ah-tran) priesthood.
The Tlyünosmun is the mentor of the blues, who gave them their language, their alphabet, and also their laws. Among these is the law that only every 10th. child of every family shall be allowed to live to prevent overwhelming the planes. He vanished a long time ago, allowing the Maahtran fertility cult to sway many blues to their side, who allow the children to live, but also try to keep the blues in an agressive and battle-ready mood, as this leads to wars, which also help to keep the population in check.
It was rumored a short time ago that the Tlyünosmun prepared his return to the blues, but this was during the reign of the evil demigod Soulspring, who did his best to prevent this from happening. No one knows if the Tlyünosmun will return or not.
Blue Characters
Like for humans, the favored class of blues is any class. The highest level class of a blue character is ignored when determining multiclass penalties. Depending on the faith of a blue cleric, he can choose from the following domains: Tlyünosmun - Knowledge, Law, Protection; Maahtran priesthood - Chaos, Destruction, War. Blues who solely revere the creatures may choose from any domain. The ECL of a blue character is +0.

Hi Knight Otu mate! :)

My apologies for not posting sooner - I don't know about the rest of you but the boards are shutting me out more often than not!?

Anyway I will reply to the Blue a little later!

Incidently there is a Psionic Goblin Race called the 'Blue' in the Psionics Handbook! Don't know if you have that book mate?

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, Upper_Krust :)

My apologies for not posting sooner - I don't know about the rest of you but the boards are shutting me out more often than not!?
I might just be lucky, but I'm not having severe problems - sometimes it's getting a bit slow, and one or two times I wasn't able to reach the boards. It is sad to hear that you are having these problems :(

Incidently there is a Psionic Goblin Race called the 'Blue' in the Psionics Handbook! Don't know if you have that book mate?
I do have the book, and I've thought about presenting the blues under their true name, Jülziish, but I decided against it, though I cannot really explain why. (Maybe one of my silly ideas? ;) )

I hope you get Deities & Demigods soon! Just like other people, I miss the Immortals Handbook threads. :)

Mordax

First Post
OK, coming to this whole discussion late, and with only two things to say:

1) A Perry Rhodan conversion for a roleplaying game, any roleplaying game. YAY! :)

2) I haven't been able to find a Perry Rhodan novel past issue 110 or so, locally. (I live in Central Washington which, as it turns out, is far from Germany. :( )

Where can I find out about all the stuff that happened afterwards? Are there any good fansites or anything?

Hi there Mordax! :)

Mordax said:
OK, coming to this whole discussion late, and with only two things to say:

Nice to have you! :)

Mordax said:
1) A Perry Rhodan conversion for a roleplaying game, any roleplaying game. YAY! :)

I am sure if you have any questions Knight Otu will be along to answer them soon enough.

Mordax said:
2) I haven't been able to find a Perry Rhodan novel past issue 110 or so, locally. (I live in Central Washington which, as it turns out, is far from Germany. :( )

I had never heard of Perry Rhodan before Knight Otu showed up - but it does seem to have a lot of original ideas and has probably inspired more than its fair share of sci-fi television.

Mordax said:
Where can I find out about all the stuff that happened afterwards? Are there any good fansites or anything?

I think there are fan sites but mostly in German - Knight Otu will know better than me. I am sure he will respond tomorrow - I don't think he is online at the weekends?

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, Mordax and Upper_Krust!

2) I haven't been able to find a Perry Rhodan novel past issue 110 or so, locally. (I live in Central Washington which, as it turns out, is far from Germany. )

As Upper_Krust said, most fan sites are german language, but there are some english sites (I think I posted a link in one of the WPS-threads - but on the old boards :(. I'll see if I find the link again.

Edit -
this should be the link I posted:
http://www.beust.com/perry/index.html

This was the english language homepage (not much to see there, sadly):
http://www.perry-rhodan-usa.com/

I also posted various overviews (especially history and cosmology) on the old boards. If you want, I can create an OT-thread in General Discussions and post them there. (Should have thought of that possibility earlier :eek: ). These overviews are not complete, but mention the most important things - and are still relatively long.

Last edited:

Mordax_sighs

First Post
Will do.
I'm gonna read all those capsules as soon as I have time, which will probably lead to more questions. :)

(I'll be very curious to see what happened to the Mutants, and Pucky, and especially The Immortal that gave them the extended lifespans...oh, and little Thomas Cardiff. :) )

Remove ads