• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

"Lovely," thinks Manous as he grimaces fiercely and launches himself at his new, improved arachnid foe (#4). Maintaining his defensive posture with his mighty warhammer held at the ready, he grasps the holy symbol around his neck with his off-hand and calls upon the powers of his virtuous heart to send ribbons of searing radiance to leap from his holy symbol and engulf the new, larger foe.

[sblock=Action]Radiant Delerium, Daily, ranged-5, Cha vs. Reflex,
Hit: 3d8+4 dam and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn. In addition, the target takes a -2 penalty to AC (save ends).
Miss: half damage and target dazed until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Crit!]Oooh, that's an extra d10 damage from Manous's magic holy symbol! And that nat 20 was definitely a hit, so this spider is dazed until the end of Manous's next turn and -2 to AC [save ends][/sblock]
[sblock=from Post 440, when this encounter began]
Manous first uses a [Minor Action] to Bless his warhammer, giving +1 to attack rolls and +1d6 Radiant damage until the end of the encounter.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Does the cliff on H18 currently provide cover for Spider 3 from Malkyr's current position?
What are again the rules for the green squares (difficult terrain, light cover ...)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Does the cliff on H18 currently provide cover for Spider 3 from Malkyr's current position?
What are again the rules for the green squares (difficult terrain, light cover ...)

OOC: I think I cut off the description of the green squares the slope and low scrub combine to make the green squares difficult terrain. The cliff edge drops away so Lucien is standing next to a steep drop. There is no cover. The left of the map is high ground sloping down to the road, the road is level and the then there is a drop to the right that could represent a hazard should someone get pushed off...

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

Seeing an opening, Malkyr quickly fires another bolt with deadly percision.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: basic ranged attack at spider 4.
hitting for 19 damage. If it is already dead, hit spider 3 instead.
Move: to C21

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Percision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 1/1

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Vivienne moved forward a few paces, until she had a clear shot- then she fired, once more unleashing a bolt of lightning from her pistol, this time at one of the other spiders. The slight whiff of ozone from the bolt was enough to sharpen the senses of her nearby allies- it was the scent, some said, of victory...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move: to C 21 (adjacent to Malkyr and Ali)
>Standard: Magic weapon (pistol) at Spider 4 (if still alive- if not, then Spider 3); 1d20+12 vs. AC= 22 (hits either one, for 7 lightning damage, and both Malkyr and Ali have +1 power bonus to attacks and +2 power bonus to damage until end of Vivienne's next turn); roll Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Lucien twirls his blades, ready to slash any spider that comes near. He doesn’t have to wait long. The spider (3) beset by the Paladin tenses and leaps over Manous and the webs to come down at Lucien fangs first biting the warrior (9 damage and ongoing poison 5 damage/save ends). The impact of the Deathjump spider knocks Lucien prone. (OOC: Since Lucien held action this round I guess you can get up now and act normally next round.)

Swearing loudly, Lucien rolls to his feet.

Then, he straightens himself in the face of the Deathjump spider, and sends his blades darting in at the foul vermin!

Lucien uses Rain of Blows.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing his colleague beleaguered, the old man takes a shot at the spider menacing Lucien.
OOC: Change to Dancing Serpent Stance (+1 atk/dmg vs enemies w/ no allies adjacent; free end of round shift). Atk S3 w/ Clever Shot: AC 31, 8 dog, and prone

Lou

Explorer
Alejandro (Ali)

OOC: Just waiting on Ali and Tabitha...

OOC: I assume that means that the spiders are all alive for Ali's attack

IC: Ali advances towards the nearest spider, hurling his sword at it. The blade slices through a leg and returns to Ali's hand.

[sblock=move and attack]
move to G18
mark spider at I17 with aegis of shielding
heavy thrown weapon STR v AC +8 1d8+3 crit +1d6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha runs forward towards Lucien and his gigantic spider!

"Don't worry," she calls, "I've got your back!"

Crossbow bolts and hurled swords crisscross past her and sock into its body, and she leaps into the air, sword held high coming down on the chittering thing like a thunderbolt hurled from heaven!

(Move: Feinting Trick - Move speed, to H18, and gain Cha bonus to damage to an opponent I do not have Combat Advantage from. Std: Melee Basic Attack on Spider 3.)

(Also, I'll use Heroic Effort on this puppy for a hit total of 19)

Remove ads