Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Who hasn't acted? I gather from Rhun's last post that he hasn't, even though he said he was about to do so -- life must be interfering with his D&D playing... :( But who else are we missing?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC ...argh! I think it's me. Good lord, I honestly could have sworn I posted an action, but I don't see it now. A thousand apologies! Very embarrassing, especially since all I have are melee basic attacks. Die roller's still not up, and Invisible Castle seems to nuke the browser I use at work, so it will have to wait until I get home...but it -shall- be done. Sorry, everyone! Got fat and lazy over the holiday it seems. Also a little stupid. :))

Scotley

Hero
Okay, we'll keep going then. Also, need a post from [MENTION=29098]Rhun[/MENTION]. If anybody encounters dice troubles I can roll for you if needed. I hope with the new Kickstarter campaign doing well we'll see some improvements, such as the dice roller soon.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Ugh, sorry. I'm about, just not posting as much as I'd like...Scotley, Lucien will just perform a normal attack. If you wouldn't mind rolling this time around, I'd appreciate it.

Shayuri

First Post
While the others hew and hack at the monster, Tabitha watches, looking for a weakness she can exploit. The plates are stronger than steel and thicker than castle walls, but this beast can MOVE, which means there must be joints. Places where those slabs of chitin slide apart. Places where the softer meat beneath were exposed, even if only briefly...

The timing was tricky though...as she found out when her blade tinked off hard hide instead of biting deep!

(Using Backstab, and...roll a 2. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3880287/)
(So yeah. After all that, I'm about as useful as a 1st level commoner. Have fun everyone. :erm:)

Scotley

Hero
Lucien abandons all finesse and just jabs his blade forward. It seems the gods are smiling. The blade slips between the chitinous plates and into squishy flesh below. Foul smelling green blood drips onto the stone. OOC: Crit! Real dice are so much more satisfying than digital.

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order:

Tabitha 19
Lucien 17
Wilhelm 15
Manous 14
Malkyr 13
Ali 24
Beast 21

Creature is AC 28. Fortitude 25, Reflex 23. Will 22

While the others hew and hack at the monster, Tabitha watches, looking for a weakness she can exploit. The plates are stronger than steel and thicker than castle walls, but this beast can MOVE, which means there must be joints. Places where those slabs of chitin slide apart. Places where the softer meat beneath were exposed, even if only briefly...

The timing was tricky though...as she found out when her blade tinked off hard hide instead of biting deep!

Lucien abandons all finesse and just jabs his blade forward. It seems the gods are smiling. The blade slips between the chitinous plates and into squishy flesh below.

Wilhelm fires again filling the passage with acrid smoke. The bullet cracks through the creature's hide at a joint and leaves the beast moving slow as it tries to recover. (Hit with Clever shot Slow target and initial save failed)

The creature shudders having been hurt for the first time but it does manage a massive blow against Lucien (17 damage).

OOC: I took the liberty of rolling for Wilhelm as Stonegod hasn't posting in quite some time. All may act.

"I shall send thee to hell at once!" shouts the paladin as he hurls his Warhammer, but the creature has more devilry to work before it departs.

Malkyr quickly changes his crossbow to a more precise weapon, but it seems not precise enough as the dart bounces off.

Ali charges forward for a clear attack on the monster, but misses.

Attachments

• Alcove Monster r3.xls
    33 KB · Views: 67

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Paladin

Scotley said:
"I shall send thee to hell at once!" shouts the paladin as he hurls his Warhammer...

OOC: Manous's attack was intended to be a melee attack, not a "hurling." If the enemy is not in melee range, then he will simply move toward the foe this round.

Last edited:

Remove ads