• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order
Tagret 26 (ac23)
Fin 24 (ac22)
Logan 13 (ac28)
Harrison 13 (24)
Zorn 11 (ac16)
Garagos 6 (ac29)
Attackers 6 (ac16 or 17 except for Middlebrook who is ac 21 or 13 touch)
Jason 1 (ac24)

Jason's ears ring for a moment but he shakes it off and attempts to pursue the man he was engaged in combat with. "It is not to late to save your self, turn away from this path!"

Surprised by the sudden change in tactics, Tagret fails to stop the last standing man at arms as he breaks for the door.

Seeing the man facing him flee, Fin gives chase, thankful for his boots, which allow his short legs to propel him the same speed as a normal human. He will attempt to strike the fleeing enemy with the butt of his rapier, hoping to knock him unconscious, but the awkward angle of the attack thwarts Fin's efforts. Still he is hot on the man's heels.

Logan continues to stuggle to recover from the poison and finds his movements to slow to be effective.

Harrison steps forward to give chase to the man making for the door, but his blow misses.

Garagos hears a loud "bang!" that resonates in his helmet. Then,... nothing. But he sees the fleeing Middlebrook and moves to follow him.

Outside, Zorn sees that those in front of the inn remain safely trapped in the web. He makes his way around back to see the retreating form of Middlebrook some 50' away with the Dwarf, Garagos in pursuit. Middlebrook seems to be making for the swamp only yards before him. A man at arms breaks from the back door and follows only about 20' from where Zorn rounds the corner.

[sblock=Garagos]Garagos comes out the back door in pursuit of Middlebrook who is running quickly toward the swamp. As Garagos gets closer his dwarven eyes reveal a pair of crossbowmen waiting in a little flat bottomed boat at the edge of the swamp. They seem to be about to fire at him.[/sblock]

Actions for the next round?

There is still one living man trapped in the web at the front door of the inn and Middlebrook and a man at arms running out back toward the swamp.

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos doesn't stop, even as he sees the armed men. He trusts his dwarven plate and towershield to protect him from harm. "He flees to the swamp!" he calls, wondering slightly why he doesn't hear his own voice.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"harumph." grunts the fighter, " too dark for my eyes. i wonder if i can find a guard." he then walks to the front door, only to be grreeted by a mas of web and one live captive.

"oh the tangled skien we weave..."

]ooc[ is there a way to use the sword pummel to knock him out (non lethel damage) ]/ooc[

wandering_8i

First Post
Jason will continue to pursue his man until he sees/hears Fin or Garagos chasing off somewhere into the dark.
By Pelor's grace don't get separated!
He will then abandon his chase to try and follow whoever he sees first.

Scotley

Hero
Scott DeWar said:
"harumph." grunts the fighter, " too dark for my eyes. i wonder if i can find a guard." he then walks to the front door, only to be grreeted by a mas of web and one live captive.

"oh the tangled skien we weave..."

]ooc[ is there a way to use the sword pummel to knock him out (non lethel damage) ]/ooc[

OOC: Good line! Yes, while the rules would likely require you to smack he several times this is one of those times when it makes more sense to just let it work. Harrison is welcome to just walk up and tag the fellow behind the ear and leave him in the arms of the sand man.

Remove ads