• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

SirCaith

First Post
Lucien Montrose

Lucien is distracted by the bright light emitted by the pillar of flame, but only for a moment. Allowing Trelayne to settle from his rearing posture, he turns his mount so he can watch both his prisoners, and the scene on the river. With his long sword still pointed at the men at arms, he commands, "Drop your weapons and on your knees. My word before Heironeous, you shall not be harmed tonight so long as you have done no one ill. But, should you desire to gamble and run after I have shown you mercy, know that the hounds of hell would not pursue half so diligently as I."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer

Logan turns to Tagret and says, "Well, not a bad showing, I suppose. But far from ideal. Tell me, Tagret, because I seem to have taken a blow to the head in all this confusion, but will you tell me, please, why were we fighting these men, and what is our plan now??" (OOC: Really, it's just that Leif doesn't know, but I thought I'd roleplay it as Logan's ignorance, too. :) Because, I mean, you can't really expect me to go back and read the entire 20-page thread, can you?? Really?? No kiddin', huh? *sigh* Welllll, ok, I'll THINK about it! ;) )

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Logan turns to Tagret and says, "Well, not a bad showing, I suppose. But far from ideal. Tell me, Tagret, because I seem to have taken a blow to the head in all this confusion, but will you tell me, please, why were we fighting these men, and what is our plan now??" (OOC: Really, it's just that Leif doesn't know, but I thought I'd roleplay it as Logan's ignorance, too. :) Because, I mean, you can't really expect me to go back and read the entire 20-page thread, can you?? Really?? No kiddin', huh? *sigh* Welllll, ok, I'll THINK about it! ;) )

OOC: Actually, the origins of this fight can be found long about page 10 with the real reason coming to light in post 170 on page 12. That should cut your reading in half...

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer

Logan will take the shortest possible route to where the men are trapped in the Web. "How much longer will this spell hold these men?" Logan will ask to someone who appears to know.

OOC: If they are still trapped, Logan will prepare to dispatch them with his morning star, but, having second thoughts, will take advantage of his captive audience to practice his preaching. "Have you yet seen the error of your ways? Or do you still desire to join your comrades in The Long Sleep?"

OOC: If they are not still trapped by the Web, then Logan immediately attacks if they exhibit any hostility whatsoever. (I'll wait to make the rolls until it is confirmed that the combat will continue.)

Scotley

Hero
Jason will grab his prisoner by the back of the shirt mumbling about how they always chose the hard way as he drags the man inside.

Fin grabs his prisoner by the cuff of the shirt and begins dragging him back to the inn. "Hmph. Serves ya right fer messin' wit me drinking." Fin grumbles as he walks.

Lucien is distracted by the bright light emitted by the pillar of flame, but only for a moment. Allowing Trelayne to settle from his rearing posture, he turns his mount so he can watch both his prisoners, and the scene on the river. With his long sword still pointed at the men at arms, he commands, "Drop your weapons and on your knees. My word before Heironeous, you shall not be harmed tonight so long as you have done no one ill. But, should you desire to gamble and run after I have shown you mercy, know that the hounds of hell would not pursue half so diligently as I." After a moment's hesitation the men drop their weapons and drop to there knees.

Logan turns to Tagret and says, "Well, not a bad showing, I suppose. But far from ideal. Tell me, Tagret, because I seem to have taken a blow to the head in all this confusion, but will you tell me, please, why were we fighting these men, and what is our plan now??" The monk just shakes his head perhaps unsure of the answer himself. Logan moves to the front door to find that all the men trapped in the web are either dead or unconscious.

"stop the rowers, stop the boat." His arrows fly true and one of the rowers goes down. Harrison finds his companions have had enough of this fight as the boat slips into the darkness of the deeper swamp out of sight.

Death and wounded by an unseen foe, Garagos retreats grumping to the building, at least out of sight of the invisible menance.

Most of the group ends up back in the Lizard's Boat with prisoners in tow.

OOC: Lucien, coming to the Inn or doing something else with your prisoners?

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer

Back in the "relative safety" of the inn, Logan says to his companions, "I don't know if any of you may have seen this, too, but when I called down Pelor's flames upon the fleeing miscreants, I saw for just a moment, at the edge of the illumination in the swamp, a woman in a dark green robe, partly hidden behind a tree. The most peculiar thing was that she was floating a yard above the swamp. She also held a wand in her hand, and she was perhaps 60' out in the swamp and beyond the boat. As the flames from my spell dissipated, she vanished back into the darkness. What think you to be the meaning of this, and do any of you know why anyone would be out in the swamp on a night like this?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Garagos

Back in the inn, Garagos points steadily at his ears and shouts:"I HEAR NOTHIN'!"

If he wouldn't be a strong proud dwarven warrior, it would be rather comedic...

but perhaps it is the cause, why it is hilarious in the first place...

Last edited:

Remove ads