• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

Scotley

Hero
Harrison senses that the fellow is quite scared. Perhaps it is the growing pool of urine under the fellow that tipped him off. Logan finds some rope and binds the prisoner in the web.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison turns at the distinct oder of ammonia and sees a browing puddle of yellow under the prisoner that logan was about to klonk. "all you have to do is start telling the priest here what you know. that will still my thirsty sword ... unless he says otherwise that is .....

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer

"Let us see how much we like what the wretched knave has to say before we even try to determine if the blade's thirst has been slaked. Hear that, Knave!? Hark! I think I hear a rumble in the blade's stomach. Start singing, jailbird! Why did you attack us? Who is your leader? Why should we let you go on living? Is everyone in this wretched village insane?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76

"Ok, gentlemen, I need you to excuse myself and our 'guest' here, while we have a brief word in private. Don't go far -- I'll summon you back in when we're all done. This will only take a moment. If you please, then..." Logan ushers everyone out of the room, leaving just Logan and the prisoner in the room. Logan favors the man with his most winning smile, as only a priest of Pelor can 'beam' at someone. "Just relax, man. Can I offer you a beverage? Not waiting for the man's order, Logan draws himself and the man two fresh mugs of ale. He holds one out for the man, tipping it very gently so that he can drink without using his hands, and withdrawing it gently when the man has obtained a good drink. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you before. You see, some of my friends are, shall we say, 'less gentle' than I have learned to be through my priestly training. I must keep up appearances to a certain degree while they are around. The crux of the matter is this: they desire to obtain certain information from you, and I don't think that they will be too particular about what they must do in order to obtain it from you. I, on the other hand, prefer a more genteel approach. We do not want to harm you. In particular, I am speaking of Harrison, that tall, tanned fellow with the dark brown hair and the hazel eyes. He is, shall we say, a bit on the coarse side. And he delights in employing his enchanted blade to coerce 'cooperation.' His blade is something of an irreguarity, too. Many is the time I have witnessed those who fall victim to this blade weep with dismay as the blade drinks the very souls from their bodies. I would hate to see you fall victim to this. Keep your attention on him at all times! I will try to restrain him as much as I can, but I can only do so much, you must understand." Logan offers the man another drink, and after he has imbibed again and Logan has withdrawn the mug from his lips, Logan will go to the door, where he can still keep a watchful eye on the prisoner, but behind him, where the man cannot see Logan. Logan motions to Harrison, nods to him, points to Harrison't sword, grins broadly and nods again. Then he motions the others back into the room and moves to where the prisoner can see him again.

Untrained Diplomacy check: 11 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1625219/

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Zorn, still sipping his wine, just shakes his head at how uncivilized and barbaric some of his comrades can be. After all, if you want information from a prisoner, a nice flashy show of force is usually all that is needed. However, since the priest of Pelor and the warrior are enjoying their charade, Zorn will not interfere.

SirCaith

First Post
Lucien Montrose

Lucien carefully dismounts from Trelayne, his sword never wavering from the two men. Trouble seems to have abated, but he has not yet seen the Watch approaching. Leaving the reins dangling (Trelayne is a trained warhorse), he motions the men to back away from their dropped weapons. He picks the weapons up, and slides them through the straps holding his travel gear on Trelayne's saddle.

"Since the Watch has not yet arrived, we will await them in the Inn. Stand carefully, yeomen, and precede me to the door. I would hate to have to go be shriven tonight for having to relieve you of the burden of life." He gestures with his sword toward the inn while gathering the reins in his off hand.

Scotley

Hero
SirCaith said:
Lucien carefully dismounts from Trelayne, his sword never wavering from the two men. Trouble seems to have abated, but he has not yet seen the Watch approaching. Leaving the reins dangling (Trelayne is a trained warhorse), he motions the men to back away from their dropped weapons. He picks the weapons up, and slides them through the straps holding his travel gear on Trelayne's saddle.

"Since the Watch has not yet arrived, we will await them in the Inn. Stand carefully, yeomen, and precede me to the door. I would hate to have to go be shriven tonight for having to relieve you of the burden of life." He gestures with his sword toward the inn while gathering the reins in his off hand.

Two more men at arms enter the room, the webs having faded from the door. They seem to be a match for the others and Zorn recognizes them as the men he webbed on the street earlier. They are followed by a third man who enters with a bared sword in hand...

OOC: I'll leave you to discribe your character SirCaith.

renau1g

First Post
Fin will follow Logan's suggestion and take his ale outside the room, tapping Garagos on the shoulder and motioning for him to follow, and putting his finger to his lips, hoping Garagos catches the hint.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
as Logan calls Harrison back into the commen room he stops and splashes a bit of wter on his face from the water trough outside, draws his sword and re-enters.

"priest, i fear the sword is strong yet," stammers the fighter," it still thirsts and is trying to overpwoer me.

The (trough water) sweat drips down his face and he takes a couple of shaky steps in. just then the door opens from the street and three more enter as Harrison acts like the sword is thirsting to drink from the prisoner's throat.

Remove ads