• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's Tomb of Horrors 3.5

renau1g

First Post
"Miss Kailee, you know where I can be finding a mage shop? I am hoping they have something 'wondrous' that I can use down in the Tomb." Fin asks their host, adding "I think it'll take me more than an hour to get ready, but it's best to be prepared."

Fin will follow her directions to a mage in the area, perhaps a shop of curiousos. "I'm looking for something that'll help me in dealing with constructs. I know from a few run-ins with'em that they're tough as all get out if you ain't got the right tools. Oh yeah, if you got some elixirs or potions or whatever to help someone with staying out of sight, that might interest me also." Fin asks the shopkeep/arcanist.

[sblock=WD]
Fin won't fight Garagos on the belt, he just didn't want it going to waste.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: A local leather worker Kailee knows has the MW potion belt (book price) and you can get potions at book price from the temple of Pelor.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Harrison eyes the Keen oils... "any objections? any one want the second?" he offers

while waiting for an answer he reaches for the adamentine spear as well and gives a questioning look to all there.

[sblock=things he wants to buy]
spare long bow, mw, str +3 (700 gp)
arrows, alchemical silver 10 each (20.5 gp)
arrows, cold iron tipped 10 each (1 gp)

potions:
protect from energy, fire (750 gp)
protect from energy, acid (750 gp)
cure light @ cl 4 X 14 (1400 gp)
spent 3000 from grant from will plus 621 from personal cash [/sblock]

while he is out and about he will try to gather information on the goings on around the area from those he purchases from, namely the bowyer fletcher, the potion making wizard and the potion making priest.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76

OOC: Do I uderstand correctly that we each have 3kgp to spend as we see fit? If this is indeed the case, Logan would like to obtain a wand of Cure Light Wounds, CL4, which has a book price of 1x4x750= (drum roll please) 3,000gp, and which will heal 1d8+4 hp of damage with each of its 50 charges. (For an average of 400 hp healed, in total. Not bad, eh?) Am I on the right track, Scotty?

wandering_8i

First Post
Jason looks up from his cup of tea.

Trolls could be a problem, I seem to recall having read somewhere they don't like fire but such knowledge is not my area of expertise...

ooc: Ill post any purchases tomorrow, if you don't hear from me just assume he puts the gold in his stash which he will keep at the temple. His stash will also have instructions to donate it to the temple if he does not return from this trip.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: A note on items for all. Saltmarsh has a limit of 3000 gp. Between Misha's Curio shop and the Temple of Bocob you can get pretty much any magic item with a value of up to 3,000 gp. (funny how that worked out isn't it? ;) ) In addition the temple of Pelor will supply potions and scrolls of cure spells. Just let me know what you plan to buy and list the sourcebook from which it comes. You can buy alchemical items at Alchemist's Guildhall and general adventure items from the general store. Kailee notes that a boat of some sort might make traversing the swamp easier.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: See post 375 for details on the wand Logan wants to buy. Source: DMG. ;)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Got the new wand added to my character sheet. May we consider that the night has passed now, and we have recovered spells?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads