Scott DeWar's absence

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Never got an answer the first time, so asking again:

[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], what did you do to combat the tedium?

Leif

Adventurer
Never got an answer the first time, so asking again:

[MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], what did you do to combat the tedium?
WHAT tedium?? Oh, you mean the tedium of recovery? I'm not totally sure, but I think I read a lot. You might try designing adventures or a campaign or something. If that doesn't work, try sleep or exercise. you can never have too much exercise, even if it's only walking. You may have other ideas, but I can pretty much never have enough sleep, either.

Scott DeWar

It has been a year now . . . . .

This past Sunday marked the anniversary of my 8th surgery.

Today is the anniversary of having awoke from my sickness.

16 December was when I was able to talk, The tracheotomy was pulled out.

19 December I was 'kicked out' of the ICU to step down nursing.

A lot has happened over the last year, and there is still a long ways to go.

I have reread the thread and seems I never said what happened, so I will put in a spoiler block as to what happened, so those who don't want to know have that option.

[sblock]
Initial diagnosis: diverticulitis
Suddenness of onset caused my intestines to rupture and the toxic and bacteria filled contents to spill in the sterile environs of the abdominal cavity and it mingled with my blood. the intestines are extremely vascular so this happened rapidly, complicated by high blood sugars.

Between 30 October and 14ish December The following occurred:

8 surgeries with 10 procedures

16 days straight of fevers, many times peaking above 105 degrees F. Because my abdomen was split wide open they could not just dunk me, they had to take my blood out of a foot, cool it and put it back in to cool my core temp.

2 days of dialysis- kidneys shut down due to going into shock
Heart kept at aerobic rates for 3 1/2 weeks to maintain blood pressure, due to shock

14 Liters of fluids injected in to flush out toxins-I am told I looked like the stay-puffed marshmallow man.

a whole lot of antibiotics

And a partridge in a pear tree!

yes I still have my sense of humor!

[/sblock]

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Oh my... sounds like you have more to celebrate this time of year than just Xmas.

Can you at least use your stomach as dungeon map? :D

Scott DeWar

They took skin off my upper right thigh and used it as a skin graft on my belly. It was fully healed over by mid February. I forgot that fact, eh?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Good thing the mobile site's spoiler block is broken cause I don't thibk I would want to read the ghastly details about how they rewired your innards (since I just ate).

Scott DeWar

Good thing the mobile site's spoiler block is broken cause I don't thibk I would want to read the ghastly details about how they rewired your innards (since I just ate).

for relique:

[sblock=this is how they did it . . . . .]
what, you think i am THAT mean?
[/sblock]

Remove ads