• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scouts and Skirmish

Azaar

Explorer
I play a scout in a current 3.5 game with my gaming group, and I really enjoy the possibilities of skirmish. However, I'm a bit fuzzy on how exactly skirmish works -- when I move as part of skirmish, does that count as my move action, and therefore mean I only get one attack with skirmish damage per combat round? Or does skirmish count as part of a full-attack action and allow me to make all of my attacks? I want to be certain of whether only allowing myself a single attack is what's right, or if I've been doing it wrong. Thanks.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Azaar said:
I play a scout in a current 3.5 game with my gaming group, and I really enjoy the possibilities of skirmish. However, I'm a bit fuzzy on how exactly skirmish works -- when I move as part of skirmish, does that count as my move action, and therefore mean I only get one attack with skirmish damage per combat round?
Yes.

You get extra damage specifically because you don't get multiple attacks.

Cheers, -- N

Darklone

Corbert said:
Of course if you're lucky enough to play in a gestalt game pair the Scout with Warlock :D
Not sure if that would be that much better than a scout archer with Greater Manyshot or a scout heading for dervish ;)

Corbert

Explorer
Darklone said:
Not sure if that would be that much better than a scout archer with Greater Manyshot or a scout heading for dervish ;)

I don't know... My 9th level gestalt Scout/Warlock with a Greater Chasuble was doing 12d6 per shot after moving :). Yeah he was only getting 1 blast per round, but thats a hefty punch.

Doing a Rogue/Scout combo with that feat in CA that allows you to stack Skirmish and SA damage - keep tumbling around a foe, and getting flanks, and double up your SAs.

Remove ads