• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Screen names and first impressions

awayfarer

First Post
Bullgrit said:
Thanks for the responses.

What's the Discworld - Bullgrit connection?

Bullgrit

Theres a character by the name of Foul Ol' Ron who's trademark line is "Buggrit! Millenium hand and shrimp!"

mcrow

Explorer
My username is my first initial M for Mike and last name "Crow". My avatar is a croped picture of me from my wedding in Jamaica.

People seem to think my user name is McCrow or sum such. So maybe i remind them of a hamberger? :)

Zoatebix

Working on it
For the longest time, I thought that "Zoatebix" was the word for "cow fodder" in some made-up language from a miniatures game that my big sister's high school boyfriend liked. He thought it sounded cool, and I thought it sounded cool, and I adopted it as an internet handle back in 1993, 4, or 5.

It turns out my understanding of what it meant and how it was spelled was a little mistaken: "Zoats are creatures from the first Hive Fleets that looked like centaurs... They are now exinct and their favourite food... [was] Zoatabix, a biscuit like substance."
(from http://forum.blacklibrary.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9494)

So there you have it. My user name is a misspelling of the favorite food of creature written out of the Warhammer Universe. That's prestige right there!
-George

Agamon

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
And I'll tell you, if I had known screen names led to impressions, I'd have totally named myself "Musclesmart Niftyrich." It just has this ring to it, don't you think?

I think so... :D

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
I guess they would have to make some kind of impression...I'm just not sure of how much.

I think most gamers recognize the lineage of my screen name.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I find that avatars and, for community supporters, the custom user descriptions say a lot more than the screen names.

Mine comes from my name (last plus initials) and also happens to be a bastardized spelling of a Norse god. Just don't tell him, as he might get angry. ;)

Mycanid

First Post
freyar said:
I find that avatars and, for community supporters, the custom user descriptions say a lot more than the screen names.

Mine comes from my name (last plus initials) and also happens to be a bastardized spelling of a Norse god. Just don't tell him, as he might get angry. ;)

Ahhh ... Icelandic poetry and sagas. Gotta love em! :cool:

death tribble

First Post
Mycanid said:
*sigh* :\

Well, I bring on myself. :)

You do it to yourself you do,
and that's what really hurts
You do it to yourself you do,
and that's what really hurts
You do it to yourself

I look like my avatar. That really surprises people.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads