• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scrooge + Grinch = me

Rel

Liquid Awesome
FickleGM said:
Second, am I the only person left in this world who actually likes fruitcake? No, I'm not undead. No, I don't have a teflon coated stomach. No, I didn't have my tastebuds removed. I actually like fruitcake (color me crazy).

*sits back and waits for Umbran to come and fit this into his "Grand Theory of Fruitcake"*

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
Quoted for truthery.

I think I'm tired of this kind of post. You know we can all still read the original post, right?

And its only true for about 1/5 the population of the world. The rest of us like presents and family.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
KenM said:
I'l glad someone else is not conforming to the masses, like sheep to celebrate xmas. I hate this hoilday. Always have, always will. I never do anything, no point.

Ah the 'comparision to sheep' analogy not see you for nigh on 3 hours!

heheheh 'Captain Sunshine' indeed...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Rel said:
Pace yourself there, Captain Sunshine. You gotta save some hate for New Years too. ;)

And Valentine's Day.
And Groundhogs Day! Don't forget Groundhog's Day! Geeze, if there's a single holiday worthy of our dislike and derision, it's that worship of big dirt-digging rats...

There's something unpleasant to be seen in every holiday. But if we don't learn to see beyond unplesant things, life becomes pretty darn dismal right quick.

I think that to some degree, breaking existing holiday traditions is one of the milestones of adulthood. It shows that you are establishing indenpendance from what the family has always done and making your own traditions that suit your lifestyle and accomodations you make for new people in your life.

Not just lifestyle and accomodations - downright differences in personality, too. Part of that "the life unexamined is not worth living" thing. How can you really be celebrating if you don't actively make it your own?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
I think I'm tired of this kind of post.
It took you this long? ;) I'm more tired of the posts where they change what the person said to something completely opposite (or insulting to the orriginal poster) then write "fixed it for you." But the "quoted for ____" are annoying too.

Nellisir

Hero
Kahuna Burger said:
It took you this long? ;) I'm more tired of fond of the posts where they change what the person said to something completely opposite (or insulting to the orriginal poster) then write "fixed it for you." But the "quoted for ____" are annoying great too.

Fixed it and quoted for truth!!

Sorry.
Couldn't resist.
;)

Rel said:
*sits back and waits for Umbran to come and fit this into his "Grand Theory of Fruitcake"*
I ate a bunch of good fruitcakes around Christmas time in Argentina. They call them pan dulces, and instead of being hard and bricklike, they are soft and fluffy. Sorta like a woman's breast, but with bits of dried fruit sprinkled throughout. Mmm..mmm. Good stuff.

No, seriously, the pan ducle was good stuff. I just can't resist making booby jokes.

spatha

First Post
For me it is the inherent dishonesty in the holiday that gets me. I hate it when people lie and isn't that what all this Santa stuff is? A big lie?
Bah Humbug I say.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads