• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scrooge + Grinch = me

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Whisperfoot said:
Who's to say it isn't true? Can you prove that Santa doesn't exist?
Your two sentances are unrelated. The santa story isn't true. He didn't break into my house as a child and leave presents. He didn't break into your house. He didn't break into the house of anyone here and leave them presents. When parents buy presents and mark them "from santa" it is either a lie, a story or pretend. Fun little "prove my negitive, nah nah" games are simply irrelevant. The parents buying the presents say it isn't true when they pay their visa bill. :p

Now, I think it can be a fun story, or a fun pretend. But anectdotal evidence seems to indicate that when it comes a time that your kid says "For real, is santa real or pretend" and you choose to take it to the level of a lie, that can be something your kid remembers.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
Your two sentances are unrelated. The santa story isn't true. He didn't break into my house as a child and leave presents. He didn't break into your house. He didn't break into the house of anyone here and leave them presents. When parents buy presents and mark them "from santa" it is either a lie, a story or pretend. Fun little "prove my negitive, nah nah" games are simply irrelevant. The parents buying the presents say it isn't true when they pay their visa bill. :p

See there's a problem with that statement. Maybe it was Santa that gives me gifts every year. I don't know. I didn't see some anonymous gift buyer in the store buying these very gifts for me. Maybe the reason you didn't get any gifts from Santa is because you were naughty. I mean, you're making such a large blanket statement here, but you have not a shred of proof. And that's where the whole thing falls down, because it is only possible to prove something exists, and it is impossible to prove the non-existence of something. So you go ahead and keep calling people liars, but until you provide some proof, I would argue that it is you, yes YOU, who are spreading horrible vicious lies. :]

AegisKelt

First Post
<---- Secretly is Santa Claus but dont tell anyone or ill replace all the minis im bringing you all with copies of Highlander 2!

nerfherder

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
yeah, that was useful.... I know santa is a childrens topic, but I prefer to discuss it as an adult parenting choice.
When you two have stopped pulling each others pig-tails, do you want to get a room ;)

Cheers,
Liam

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
You make an excellent point, and since I'm unable to prove my point, I'm just going to be dismissive and insulting.

One cannot engage in meaningful discourse with someone who is unwilling to consider the points made, or even observe the rules of debate without offering up fallacies.

spatha

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
yeah, that was useful.... I know santa is a childrens topic, but I prefer to discuss it as an adult parenting choice.
Last I checked attacks were not allowed at En World. Concider this post reported.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
FickleGM said:
Second, am I the only person left in this world who actually likes fruitcake? No, I'm not undead. No, I don't have a teflon coated stomach. No, I didn't have my tastebuds removed. I actually like fruitcake (color me crazy).

You aren't the only one. I like fruitcake too. My aunt, until either last year or the year before, used to make a fruitcake every year. It was soft and yummy. :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
I think I'm tired of this kind of post. You know we can all still read the original post, right?

And its only true for about 1/5 the population of the world. The rest of us like presents and family.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

That's just how I feel about the holiday, m'kay? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads