• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sea ward ho! With lavinia's gold

Cal Sirenson

First Post
Or hit on by creepy nobles who we *really* should have left behind, damnit?

Well there you ave the better of me, miss. I was not aware of his unhonourable intentions to your body.

And how could I, a simple tool of her Ladyship say 'no' to someone who could be one of her friends? Or even a distant relative.

However now that I know that he put you in an uncomfortable position I ave rethunk my standpoint.

The problem with sea travel is that it's fraught with danger and who knows what unexpected accidents can befall the unwary or inexperienced?

Or their horse...

There's good eatin' on one of those you know...

knitteddoll

First Post
Not the horse D: He is a nice horse. He has good breeding. It is not his fault he has an eejit of an owner.

And I do not mind dishonourable intentions. I just do not like them from any member of that family, particularly the rude and obnoxious ones who do not understand what a nobleman's responsibilities are. While an accident may be entertaining to arrange, it would possibly be overkill. We should abandon him on a desert island somewhere :)

Dantardis

First Post
Apologies guys, afraid I've lost my notes from the previous couple of adventures so will be restarting my story hour from last sunday's session.

Dantardis

First Post
Sailing onwards, it was the morning of the following day, Bodger saw that the Blue Nixie was signalling the Sea Wyvern. Pulling alongside Lavinia quickly and succintly revealed that the area that the vessels were sailing towards was the area controlled by a Scarlet Brotherhood blockade which had a habit of attacking passing vessels. She proposed that the two vessels sailed through the area about half an hour apart in the hopes that the pirates would ignore a lone vessel as not worth the effort.

After waiting the required 30 minutes the Sea Wyvern ploughed through the waters. Bodger then saw a second ship sailing towards them from the blockade area which quickly ran up the Scarlet Brotherhood's colours. The two vessels quickly moved forward and quickly drew alongside, attached by grappling ropes.

Lucius quickly fored a crossbow at the other vessel, labelled the Purity's Prow, and Cal also fired at a figure that appeared to be the captain of the other ship. Jack cast a spell and a spiritual weapon appeared on the other vessel and attacked ineffectively. 1 pirate swung across between vessels and with a mighty blow struck Elaine who promptly dived over the side. Meanwhile, from his perch in the crow's nest Bodger shot at the enemy vessel and Lucius also struck him slightly with a magic missile. The ships crunched as the grapplingropes pulled them together. I pirate fired up at the Sea Wyvern's crows nest, striking Bodger slightly.

Meanwhile, in the water Elaine climed aboard the Purity's Prow. Bodger fired a rain of arrows down, killing 2 of the pirates. Jack also hit one with the spiritual weapon. Cal killed one of the pirates and with a second blow, another lay down and pumping blood on the deck. Meanwhile Elaine breathed on the sails of the Purity's Prow which quickly burst aflame. Bodger killed a further pirate. With a mighty swing on one of the grappling ropes, Cal swung aboard the Purity's Prow, killing one of the pirates on his swing across. By this time the fire in the sails had spread to the mast which blazed merrily. Jack cast a further Spiritual Weapon spell which attacked the captain of the other vessel dropping him. At that exact moment, the mast which had been burning quickly, collapsed and fell onto the deck. Unfortunately on its fall to the deck it caught the pirate captain, pulverising him. The fire started to spread through the Purity's Prow and Bodger, realising that the flames could also spread to the Sea Wyvern, Bodger quickly fired a volley of arrows at the grappling ropes, seperating the vessels. The remainder of the party, dived overboard as the Purity's Prow went up in flames. The two remaining pirates were hung on the orders of captain Cal.

knitteddoll

First Post
I'm trying to break my firesetting streak, honest-to-goddess. Although hitting that guy with the mast was pure gold.

Next time, I have to roll up someone who sets fire to things on purpose.

Lucius & Merocto

First Post
But where's the fun in that?

With that in mind, I've learnt how to summon deadly fireballs from the aether as well as a water breathing spell in case the former turns out badly...

Remove ads