• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sealed In Blood - Chapter 1, Party B

Rathan

First Post
Well... I'm ALL here.... and I'm not supposed to be..... I'm supposed to be part on the ethereal... other than that... I'm fine...

[Conner will go look for any of his companions outside the temple.... he doesn't care which one.... just any of them.....]

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
<< Cursed guards aren't right, Watch out >>

Kip will tumble to a distance of 60ft away. Upon arriving there he will mutter a curse of Horrid wilting at the guards!

Then he will shimmer for a second.

OOC:
Tumble 60ft away from guards
(Quickened Horrid Wilting: Caster level 24th Fort DC:32 Effect: 24d8 save for half)
(Action: Psionic: Shield of Prudence (+6 insight bonus to AC))

Conner walks...yes, walks, to the front of the temple, where a sharp, healthy-looking man dressed in pure white priestly robes and a tall hat greets him. "Welcome friend, welcome to my temple. You appear to be a lost lamb, surrounded by a strange land. Is there any way that I can lend you a hand?" He seems pleasant enough, and his smiling face seems warm and full of holiness.

There are several guards stationed at the temple entrances, and unlike the militia men they seem heavily armored, all around him are groups of people who seem to crowd in front of the temple to see what exactly is going on. They're silent, except for a few moans, but otherwise, they stare at the corporeal ghost with a vacant stare.

-----

Meanwhile, Kip tumbles out of the vicinity of the militia men surrounding him, and a shield of insight emanates within his mind even as his inner power takes effect, and a Horrid Wilting effect is produced. The problem? -It doesn't seem to take effect. The heads of the militia men seem to warp and peel, and their skin flays to the sides as Kip notices they have forked tongues which are lolling out, saliviating. Their armor and their clothes remain intact, but their appearance is all but an illusion, most of what Kip sees a wall of black and blue flesh in front of him.
Behind, there is an alleyway as well as two buildings to either side of him, with a market-type place with stalls further to hist front. All seem to be deserted though as more mutilated looking, 'village people' stumble towards him-he's surrounded.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
"Out of my way holy man.. I have business to take care of..."

A little help here at the temple entrance could be usefull soon....

[Conner will sidestep the priest and quickdraw his sword as he passes the temple guards.... readying an action to strike if they move to attack him......]

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
"Rotten little demons!"
<<None of the citzens are what they appear to be, Kip retreating back from town to regroup!>>
Kip shakes his head in disbelief!
With that kip will begin moving toward the edge of town fighting total defensively if needed.

[ooc: Will disblieve and attempt to retreat away from town and past the people will fight defensively if needed. AC: 52 As soon as kip gets past the crowd he will attempt to go ethereal again.]

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'm bored with this form and I don't really care for these townspeople.
Nameless relinguishes hold of his current form and slips to that of a majestetic half-celestial gold dragon. When fully in his new form, he looks around, trying to spot either Kip or Conner.

Current status:
Half-celestial mature adult gold dragon
AC: 47 (-2 size, +10 armor, +5 deflection, +5 luck, +3 Dex, +26 natural), Saves: +26/+23/+10
Movement: 60ft, fly 200ft (average), swim 60ft, Initiative +2
Single attack: Bite +38 melee (2d8+22), grapple bonus +48/+43/+38
Full attack: Bite +38 melee (2d8+22), 2 claws +36 melee (2d6+13), 2 wings +36 melee (d8+13), tail slap +36 melee (2d6+30)
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon (50ft cone, 14d10 fire (Ref for half) or 7 temp Str (Fort negates), DC 36), Crush (Ref DC 34 or pinned, next round 2d8+30 if doesn't escape), Frightful Presence (210ft radius, DC 28, 4 or less HD frightened, 5 to 25 shaken)
Special Qualities: Blindsight 210ft, Darkvision 700ft, Low-light vision (x4), Immunities (Sleep, paralysis, Acid, Cold, Disease, Electricity), Fire subtype, SR 25, Waterbreathing, +6 to saves vs. poison (incl. asn bonus), Class features (Evasion, Uncanny Dodge etc.)
Abilities: Str 45 (+17) Dex 14 (+2) Con 39 (+14)
Feats: Hover, Flyby Attack, Snatch, Power Attack, Cleave, and Lightning Reflexes (from dragon), Alertness, Blindsight(Wild), Assume Supernatural Ability, Endurance, Improved Flight, Multiattack, Track (own)

The priest stays his ground as Conner passes him, but the ghost can hear honeyed words speak out of his mouth in but a whisper to his ear as he passes, "Come, stay with us." Nothing happens, though, until he crosses to where the guards are at. One of the guards swings at Conner, but misses, while the ghost hits him with his blade.

The second it rips into the creature's skin, it's illusion wanes momentarily and he notices the undead form in front of him (see above post), just a millisecond before it, and the guard next to him, explode in his face in a mass of purple energy. (60 damage total, He rolled a 3 and a 17 for a 40 and 54 vs. Reflex DC of 35, taking half damage)

Nameless' proportions grow above the town as he enters his dragon form. Towering above most of the buildings, he notices masses of people gathering around both the temple, and the village square near the center of the town. Suddenly, a flux of purple energy roars where the temple is, disappearing as quickly as it came...

OOC: Which direction does Kip go? -he is roughly in the center of the town-Behind him to the alley is South, the temple where you were earlier is NW, and the glade is to the East although there are several ways to get there. The town itself is roughly circular in shape, mazelike, and from what your eyes can tell you-most of it is indeed real.

Damage taken:
Conner 204/264

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Coming to the conclusion that he is propably more needed at the temple, Nameless takes to his wings and flies over there.

Remove ads