Sean's Pick of the Day (111116): The Void

Today's Pick is from my own publishing house, Evil Beagle Games - so, yes, definite bias here. Still, I feel strongly about sharing anything from the Michael Subrook Presents line because he does such top-notch work and immense research into everything he does. This one brings you a solid piece of science-fiction real cosmic real estate to drop into any space-centered campaign you're running, in any system.

Today's Pick is from my own publishing house, Evil Beagle Games - so, yes, definite bias here. Still, I feel strongly about sharing anything from the Michael Subrook Presents line because he does such top-notch work and immense research into everything he does. This one brings you a solid piece of science-fiction real cosmic real estate to drop into any space-centered campaign you're running, in any system.

THE VOID

Into the Void

Beyond the anti-spinward edges of Earth’s territory in the galaxy lies the Void. A roughly spherical section of space approximately one hundred parsecs in diameter, the Void is a place spacers avoid—and with good reason—there are no stars to be found there. The Void is so full of dust, gas, and debris that it effectively blocks any starlight from passing through, making it a dark circle in the night sky of many worlds. Within the Void are dozens of shattered solar systems, each made up of burned and blasted planets slowly orbiting the remains of now-dead stars. These brown dwarfs are compacted and frozen cinders—all that’s left of once life-giving suns—with most of their mass having been ejected into space as some unknown event consumed them.

The Void is a mini-setting for science-fiction gaming, meant to be easily dropped into any RPG setting dealing with space travel and the dangers thereof. It's system-agnostic, and while there's a great deal of excellent, well-researched material here, plenty is left readily open to the Game Master's imagination and capacity for customization.

This is another in a series of products Evil Beagle Games is proud to bring you, from the creative and prolific mind and talents of Michael Surbrook. Edited by Leigh Anne Reger. Layout by Ross Watson.

PS - I also want to take a moment to point out the efforts of the Low Fantasy Gaming folks, who have some fun (and free) Old School Gaming swords-and-sorcery stuff happening. Check out this Down Under gem!

Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks and other article choices, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support. ~SPF

Remove ads

Remove ads