• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

search?

modred

First Post
where is the search thing? can forums be searched? are some forums unsearchable?

I wanted to go (try) to make or start a list of Homebrew Magic Items on the Houserules Forum (since there already is one for Classes/races and one for Creatures and another for Spells, I think.... not sure if I got that right)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Morrus said:
Very first item in the Help section linked at the top of the screen. ;)

You know out of curiosity I went and looked at the FAQ and found it does not actually say you need to be a paying member to have access to search.

FAQ said:
Can I search the forum?

You can search for posts based on username, word(s) in the post or just in the subject, by date, and only in particular forums.

To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages.

You can search any forum that you have permission to search - you will not be allowed to search through private forums unless the administrator has given you the necessary security rights to do so.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
el-remmen said:
You know out of curiosity I went and looked at the FAQ and found it does not actually say you need to be a paying member to have access to search.

Sure it does - even before you go into the FAQ topics; first thing it says:

http://www.enworld.org/faq.php?

Community Supporters
A community supporter is somebody who has donated to EN World in order to help cover the costs of servers, hosting and so on. Many of the features of the messageboards are very server-intensive (in particular, the search feature) and cost the administrator a lot of money to provide in terms of server costs. Therefore, in order to use these intensive features, you are asked to donate towards their cost by purchasing a community supporter account. The features available only to community supporters are Search, Private Messaging and Custom User Titles. You will find a link to the community supporter purchase page under the "Support the Site!" link in the main navbar across the top of each page.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, but someone who is looking for answers to questions about searching isn't going to look at the "community supporter" topic.

I know I wouldn't. . .

Remove ads