• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching for a way to get the Adventures written for "D&D Exp."

sunmaster

First Post
Hello 4E community,

Soon the D&D Experience event will be in Arlington.
As many people of the 4E community I can also not attend.

My question:
Is there a way to get the Adventures (the written documents)
a) Escape from Sembia
b) Scalegloom Hall
c) The Blackdread Caverns
so that I can make a local D&D Experience event here?

First I am interested in the Living FR campaign - as I am interpreting the facts
Living FR will start at the D&D Exp. event as there will be this special adventure for
it -, second I am also interested in the 4E rules/settings/etc.
In my opinion it is somewhat unfair that only people in Arlington have the chance
to start with the 4E campaigns.

I thank for every answer in advance.

regards
sunmaster

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I sympathize with your plight... I'm also envious of the lucky gamers that will be able to attend the D&D Experience.

But do you really expect that WotC will release to third parties 4th edition material? ;)

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: start of Living FR

Well at least we'll hear from those who did participate so we can find out what they did do.

Curious though will this be another playtest or will it be a serious intro to 4e?

Sorry if that sounds off but it still feels too soon for Living Faerun to be off the ground without some tinkering left to be done.

Take care and all the best!

Last edited:

sunmaster

First Post
But do you really expect that WotC will release to third parties 4th edition material?

No, of course, I don't expect something like that.

But I think for sure that you are aware that giving these adventure materials
to "registered" - whatever this can mean - persons around the world for
"registered" sessions set at the days of the D&D Exp. would be
great marketing.
(And I don't want to say here that i am in any way qualified to become
a "registered" person. These "registered" people can be shop owners,
known translators and other professionals known to WotC 4E team.)

I am somewhat surprised that WotC doesn't transfer the D&D events to
Germany - with local teams -.

Only because I am dying for information about 4E and especially
Living FR I would translate the adventures to my language for WotC :cool:
and give sessions in local fantasy shops around my city. :D

Now don't argue with me, just go and get me the adventure documents. ;)
Mm'kay??

sunmaster

First Post
hopeless said:
Sorry if that sounds off but it still feels too soon for Living Faerun to be off the ground without some tinkering left to be done.

Okay, but why do they have this adventure there, if the coming D&D Exp. event is not the start of Living FR?

It is frustrating that there is no information about the adventure, and about Living FR - when it will start and how and so on -. At least I didn't find infos about these things.

D'karr

Adventurer
sunmaster said:
Okay, but why do they have this adventure there, if the coming D&D Exp. event is not the start of Living FR?

It is frustrating that there is no information about the adventure, and about Living FR - when it will start and how and so on -. At least I didn't find infos about these things.

DDXP is the first opportunity to play 4e D&D. These games are preview games and are designed to be played with pregenerated characters. The judges are part of the playtesters for the new edition and take approximately 30-45 minutes at the beginning of the adventure to explain the relevant rules at that event.

Just because DDXP is the FIRST place to get into these games does not mean that these adventures might not be released later. Right now they have not said. The official start of the Living Forgotten Realms Campaign is GenCon 2008. All of this information is available on the WotC site under various locations.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
sunmaster said:
I am somewhat surprised that WotC doesn't transfer the D&D events to
Germany - with local teams -.
Well, in Germany, there's also Feder & Schwert, and since they're the exclusive licensees for German WotC material, they could know/plan something - have you tried to ask them by e-mail? AFAIK know, they don't have a forum any longer, but D&D-Gate has some guys who can get hold of F&S officials sometimes. Or have you already asked there? (I don't really keep up with them any longer.)

Cheers, LT.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
sunmaster said:

All things will be revealed in time. Be patient.

However, as per the info last year at GenCon, LFR starts at GenCon(or Origins, I forget right now) this year.

The mods at D&D Experience are previews of the campaign.

pedr

Explorer
When the old Extended Premiere program finished and the new Premiere Show (or something) program began, the RPGA announced that the D&D XP material would run at GenCon France in April. This was before the announcement (perhaps before the RPGA knew) of the end of Living Greyhawk and the release of 4E. Have a look on the RPGA boards on Gleemax for a little bit of discussion on this - an Australian is asking similar questions about the opportunity to get these adventures run down under.

As others have said LFR starts at GenCon Indy 2008. I expect, though it has not been confirmed, that the same programming will be at GenCon UK in the last week of August 08 (www.consupport.com) Details on LFR are on the RPGA website, though you might have to look hard (www.rpga.com). Note that Germany is part of the 'Northern Europe and Russia' region. This is overseen by Pieter Sliejpen as Global Administrator for the Eastern Hemisphere and specifically run by Sampo Haarla from Finland, Pierre Van Rooden from the Netherlands and Matthias Schäfer who is, I believe, German. Details here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/news/20071116a but nothing is going to happen until at least D&D XP when the in-game regions will be mapped onto the real-world areas and more information released. Matthias is 'Event Manager' for the region so he would probably be the person to contact about convention support, though you are unlikely to get anything generally available until September.

smerwin29

Reluctant Time Traveler
The 4e preview adventures running at DDXP in February are not truly part of the Living Forgotten Realms campaign. They are previews of 4e, and they may be loosely tied to the campaign as mere previews, but they are not part of the campaign. Unless RPGA HQ changes current plans, the official campaign launch is at GenCon in August 2008.

Shawn
Global Admin - Living Forgotten Realms

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads