• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching for the Best Music

Larac

First Post
Looking for your suggestions on great music for use in Fantasy RPGs.

If you have music for certain encounter types that would be wonderful as well.

My memory for music is scant, so I have trouble remembering things that would work well.

Thanks for any help.

Lee

I'm sure someone has links to the many previous music threads we've had, which would be more efficient than me posting my ideas. Let me see if I can track one of those threads down. . . .

RefinedBean

First Post
If you're looking for a more modern feel to the music while still staying somewhat, erm, "fantastical," I just discovered an artist named Emancipator who has a cool album out.

Here's a sample of what the album's like, good for a nice, quiet RP session, starting off on a journey, or ambient music for some good ol' narration.

Honestly, though, traditional fantasy music kinda bores me, so this might not be up your alley. :)

Last edited:

Mark1733

Explorer
I am sure this is in there, but to simplify a few searches...
Nox Arcana (artists) particularly with their Blood of the Dragon CD
Midnight Syndicate (artists) with their Dungeons & Dragons CD and others
Also, movies such as LOTR, Conan the Barbarian, and even some Star Trek (TV series) excerpts put our games in the mood well.

Do any PC game soundtracks work, like Age of Empires or anything like that?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads