• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sebastian O's Wizard's Amulet - Organization Thread

Rhun said:
I think all of your PCs exhibit this particular behavior.

Don't most PCs in general do this? Isn't it called adventuring? :D

Insight said:
I'm thinking that if we don't see a post from the GM by the end of the week, this game is probably dead.

I hope not... it looks like he logged on yesterday, so maybe there's still hope. :)

Voadam

Legend
Rhun said:
I think all of your PCs exhibit this particular behavior.

After the games we've been through together how could you say that?

Oh yeah, jumping out of windows to chase down an assassin alone with nothing but a spear and night clothes after using all my combat spells, charging a formation of hobgoblins with a bunch of arrows sticking out of me and the rest of the party left far behind, charging an ogre as a 1st level fighter, charging a troll as a second level fighter after he rended me down to 2 hp, climbing up a roper's strand tentacle to punch it in the face, playing a beguiler in a game where the majority of opponents are mindless vermin, undead, and constructs but still trying to bluff intelligent undead, reading a dark tome to the end after suffering sanity effects from reading part of it. I guess there have been a few examples. :)

Insight

Adventurer
We've got people checking this thread several times a day. It'd be a shame to waste that interest in a game that might go by the wayside. Maybe we can salvage something after all. Stay tuned.

s@squ@tch

First Post
I noticed that his other game that actually begun has been abandoned, which is not a good sign.

We may need a substitute GM who has this module, though.

Rhun

First Post
Voadam said:
Oh yeah, jumping out of windows to chase down an assassin alone with nothing but a spear and night clothes after using all my combat spells, charging a formation of hobgoblins with a bunch of arrows sticking out of me and the rest of the party left far behind, charging an ogre as a 1st level fighter, charging a troll as a second level fighter after he rended me down to 2 hp, climbing up a roper's strand tentacle to punch it in the face, playing a beguiler in a game where the majority of opponents are mindless vermin, undead, and constructs but still trying to bluff intelligent undead, reading a dark tome to the end after suffering sanity effects from reading part of it. I guess there have been a few examples. :)

Well, I'm glad I wasn't just imagining it! :D

Insight

Adventurer
s@squ@tch said:
I noticed that his other game that actually begun has been abandoned, which is not a good sign.

We may need a substitute GM who has this module, though.

Or just play something else.

s@squ@tch

First Post
True, we could play something else, but I had wanted to try out playing a sorcerer with draconic heritage over a long story arc (i.e. advancing as far as possible).

I had thought I had found that game, since Sebastian had hinted towards following up with the other modules in the series afterwards....

Oh, woe is us.

Insight

Adventurer
"Ashes to ashes... dust to dust..."

Well folks, this looks like yet another game that's died before it ever got going. I've seen way too many of these in my three or four years on this board. And to be honest, I've started a game that died due to a change in my available hours, so I'll not be the first to throw the figurative stone.

However, we have several interested players, just no DM. I don't own this module, or I would offer to run it (well, there are other factors making me reluctant to run). Is anyone else interested in taking this group and doing something with it, or should we just pronounce it dead and move on?

Well, this module (The Wizard's Amulet) is actually a free download from Necromaner Game's website. It's not very long, and is primarily just a prequel to the module Crucible of Freya, which I own. I just don't have the time to run it right now. If I were to provide someone with the module, would they be willing, and more importantly, have the time, to run it?

I'm also not opposed to taking the group and doing something else, and I understand if we want to declare it dead and move on. :)

Remove ads