• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sebastian O's Wizard's Amulet - Organization Thread

Sebastian O

First Post
Voadam,

Necromancer's modules tend to take a more old-school approach to their world, meaning adventurers are usually of the traditional 'Tolkein Fellowship' variety. So, your dover is virtually guaranteed to not meet any others of his kind over the course of the adventure...indeed, it is most likely that most of the NPCs he would meet would find him to be a very strange and singular creature.

Having said that, if you are okay with role-playing the character as a bit of a 'fish out of water', so to speak, I have no problem with you using that race.

I have posted the first draft of Shala up in the RG...

Still need to:
~ Add equipment yet (and adjust AC and weapon values to the sheet).
~ Read Insight's character background and modify my background to fit.

I'll try to get to those two things tonight.

Sebastian O

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
I have posted the first draft of Shala up in the RG...

Still need to:
~ Add equipment yet (and adjust AC and weapon values to the sheet).
~ Read Insight's character background and modify my background to fit.

I'll try to get to those two things tonight.
Sounds great! Hope you had a good trip, GFA! :)

Voadam

Legend
Sebastian O said:
Voadam,

Necromancer's modules tend to take a more old-school approach to their world, meaning adventurers are usually of the traditional 'Tolkein Fellowship' variety. So, your dover is virtually guaranteed to not meet any others of his kind over the course of the adventure...indeed, it is most likely that most of the NPCs he would meet would find him to be a very strange and singular creature.

Having said that, if you are okay with role-playing the character as a bit of a 'fish out of water', so to speak, I have no problem with you using that race.

That's fine, if you are comfortable with the race both flavor wise and mechanics then I'm fine playing the exotic. Having left his Wildwood dover bretheren over his past he wandered and then went where the druids sent him. Originally only having known elves in the woods, he now finds the many human outposts' drinking establishments to his liking and has learned the common tongue.

For background starting and plot hooks[sblock]Being the hard drinker he is he could be in the tavern and notice the travel offer then tip off the older druid about the trip. The older druid decides to join and orders me to join the group as well. Or let me know if this druid is not connected to my circle and I don't know him.[/sblock]

Sebastian O

First Post
Voadam,

I think actually that the 'old druid' referred to in Insight's b/g was meant to refer to your PC. Perhaps he should change it to 'odd druid'? :)

Insight

Adventurer
Sebastian O said:
Voadam,

I think actually that the 'old druid' referred to in Insight's b/g was meant to refer to your PC. Perhaps he should change it to 'odd druid'? :)

[sblock=Sebastian]The old druid in my background was from what you emailed me. Did you intend that to be an NPC, or another player? I assumed it was an NPC.[/sblock]

Sebastian O

First Post
Insight said:
[sblock=Sebastian]The old druid in my background was from what you emailed me. Did you intend that to be an NPC, or another player? I assumed it was an NPC.[/sblock]
[sblock=Insight]Actually, I modified that a bit from the module...the module assumes the party has a cleric (which ours does not), and so that is the PC (yes, not an NPC) that is referred to in that statement.

I guess I'm to blame for the 'old druid' reference, then. :heh:

I'm not sure now how that got in there....anyway, that was intended to refer to a PC, but it doesn't have to be so. We could scrap that angle entirely, and have Voadam's druid join up the same way as the other PCs, without the 'divine impulse' angle. I'll see what Voadam wants to do.[/sblock]

Sebastian O

First Post
Voadam,

The 'old druid' referred to in Insight's b/g was intended to refer to a PC...in the absence of a cleric, I nominated your druid to serve that role. The reference to said druid being 'old', well...that was just me screwing up. :eek:

Anywho, there's nothing explicit in the plot of the module that requires a druid (or cleric) to join up with the party due to a 'disturbance in the force' or whatever you want to call it. You are welcome to pursue that angle or just have your druid join the party via similar means to the others (just seeing the notice in the Starving Stirge tavern, etc.)...however you want to handle it will be fine.

Sorry for the mixup. :)

Voadam

Legend
Sebastian,

For plot purposes [sblock]I'm happy to be an agent of a druid circle occassionally tasked with hunting down unnatural fiendish and undead threats but who seeks out mood alterants and danger on his own time. This means I could be given missions or could hang out in bars and join up with something that sounds dangerous. I also know that with these early Necromancer Games modules there is a good shot of Orcus being an adversary plot element at some point.

If there is reason for a druid circle to send an agent into this, then I'm happy to run with that, otherwise I'll just be the wild dogman with nature powers in the bar who is happy to dive in while in between cult hunting.

[/sblock]

Sebastian O

First Post
[sblock=Voadam]
Your Orcus sniffer is right on the money....especially if we get far enuough into this thing to send y'all into Rappan Athuk....but anyway, there is cause for some higher-ups a druidic order to think that agents of Orcus might be involved in this thing....let's go with that for your dover's hook to get involved. Sounds fun![/sblock]

Remove ads