• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sebastian's Lost Vault of Tsazthar Rho - In Character Thread

Sebastian O

First Post
It's the way of the adventurer. Whether for money, magic, lore, glory, justice or honor, adventurers have been gathering in small bands, exploring hidden ruins and forbidden lairs, defeating monsters and beasts of all stripes, and amassing power and wealth in the process...if they survive.

Today is no exception, as Academus, Gavis, Prince Reginald, Trombin, and Natty Bumpo arrive in the small frontier hamlet of Hadler's Gap. The bulk of the town's population resides on farms surrounded or nestled among the Urkallan Hills. Hadler's Gap itself is simply a collection of buildings set between two steep hills, with a trade road running right through town. And, really, even calling the place a 'town' is being generous. It consists of one inn, a mill set along a fast-running creek, a farrier's and carter's shop, an herbalist's apothecary shop, a blacksmithy, and a barn that apparently acts as a commumnity gathering place, social center, and local market every so often.

The handful of simple people in the streets look on with curiosity as the strange procession comes into town. Apparently, they don't see adventurers in these parts very often...

(OOC: Okay, we're off! Please introduce your characters and let me know what you want to do in town. If you want to make some references to how the group got together, that would be great too. Enjoy! :D)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hadler's Gap
[sblock]
attachment.php

attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Hadlers Gap Key.JPG
    Hadlers Gap Key.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Hadlers Gap Msp.JPG
    Hadlers Gap Msp.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Reginald of Flynn entered the town, smiling warmly at the people. It had become a habit at court, treat everyone well enough, as you never know which ones are important and which aren't. Besides, as his father had always said 'Happy Citizens are Productive Citizens'
Not that these were HIS citizens, but it was a good habit to keep.

"I must thank you again for accepting my invitation, I truley believe this will be prosperous and exciting for all." Reginald smiled as he turned to speak to his companions, leading the way to the Inn.

[sblock=ooc]
One thing, btw.. Are we currently in the country of "Flynn", where my family is royalty, or would this be a neighbouring country?
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Trombin, the "allmighty" as he referes to himself when drinking too much beet juice, walks encumbred by his huge backpack. He dont seems much "Allmighty" right now, dusty, tired, hungry, with his robe dirty, his hair all messed up and his mustach spiny. Standind in the middle of the so called "Town" Trombin feels the curious looks of the commoners.
"What are you looking at eh?! EH?!" he shouts, looking to the people. "Havent ya seen any gnome for a while? Well if your gonna stay like fools looking at me, then I will use my magical powers tu turn you all into braniless monkeys!" He rises his hands to the air, then lower them, and smile "Oh... too late, another wizard has been faster than me, Hahahaha" he laugh, looking at his partners.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Voda Vosa said:
"What are you looking at eh?! EH?!" he shouts, looking to the people. "Havent ya seen any gnome for a while? Well if your gonna stay like fools looking at me, then I will use my magical powers tu turn you all into braniless monkeys!" He rises his hands to the air, then lower them, and smile "Oh... too late, another wizard has been faster than me, Hahahaha" he laugh, looking at his partners.

Academus made the Holy Sign over Trombin's head. "That wizard apparently transmogrified you as well judging by your behavior," the grey-fleshed cleric said.

Turning to Reginald, Academus continued, "I hope you're estimation is accurate, Prince Reginald., at least as regards the profit margin. As you know, I myself dislike excitement. It's bad for the digestion."

Academus again made the Holy Sign, this time to bless a group of the curious locals. "May the Divine Light illuminate your path."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Trombin start shaking his hands over his head as if he was trying to dissipate an imaginary symbol.
"Don't you ever do you cleric things over my head again, it could spoil my brilliant and enormous brain!" says Trombin "It's bad for the digestion" he continues, mokering. Then he start speaking again "You know, my father was a priest, though I don't remember of which God, anyway, he was always like 'Trombin for the holy Idon'tknowwhat don't do this' or 'Trombin you are going to be doom if you don't pay attention in the temple' or 'Trombin that gold is for the poor'. Crazy old man...."

Avalon®

First Post
Walking quietly with the others, Gavin comments on what Trombin just said. "Looks like someone was the black sheep of the family."

"So.... your highness, where's our target?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes sure thing, no dubt of it when the send me with the first mage they saw. Anyway... Im tired, Hungry, Thirthy and Hungry. Over all, Hungry. So where do we go?" he replies, as he look to the one with 'style'.

omrob

First Post
Bumpin

Natty keeps his hands safely in his pocket over his cash, and his eyes peeled for the easy money. "Hey gnome, Im hungry too...praps we can all feast on those gold nuggets lodged within that huge honker of yours." "Perhaps you can turn them into fool's gold with your magicks for yonder innkeeper!"

Natty is dressed in a brown explorer outfit with a voluminous leather cloak with pockets, EVERYWHERE! He has a wide brimmed hat shading his eyes, and is often seen whistling or patting circles on his tummy. He has a bright smile, and is always trying to joke around with the other PCs. Being an *ss is something he is good at.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Trombin wispers to Netty "Well i guess i can entretain these fools at the tavern with some cantrips and you could just... well you know, do your things with their pockets, if you know what I mean. Then we split 50/50. What do you think about it? Of course, after eating, I cant cast anything with an empty stomach, thats for sure!"

Sebastian O

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Trombin's antics draw a few frowns and disapproving stares from various townspeople. Still, there are a few who look genuinely glad to see the entourage passing through. As the group walks along the dusty main street towards the inn, a pair of elderly washerwomen hurry by in the opposite direction. One leans in to the other and whispers something conspiratorially, and some of the words carry on the warm, afternoon breeze. It sounded like the woman said something about an 'ogre problem.'

Mark Chance said:
Academus again made the Holy Sign, this time to bless a group of the curious locals. "May the Divine Light illuminate your path."
"Err...you as well, there...um, brother." One skinny man responds awkwardly to Academus. Apparently, the people of Hadler's Gap aren't much for formal religion.

With hungry bellies driving them on, the group decides that the inn is the most logical first stop in town. The two-story wood frame building is marked as the inn by the weathered sign creaking in the wind. Simply enough, the sign reads 'Hadler's Gap Inn.' The simplicity seems to fit this frontier town.

Stepping inside, everyone gets a good view of the common room of the inn. It's as rustic and plain as the exterior would seem to indicate. Functional wood tables and chairs stand in neat rows, nearly all empty now. A large hearth of dark stone dominates one corner, though it hardly is needed in these summer months. A pair of old men, perhaps retired farmers, sit and mull over their cups at one table. They are the inn's sole customers this afternoon (spoiling Trombin's ideas about a quick score).

Behind the stout wooden bar, an equally stout man with thin hair and a full, black beard wipes out a tin cup. He calls out in a deep but friendly voice, "Well met, strangers. Come inside and have a rest. What brings you all to Hadler's Gap?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads