• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second best death scene?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Frostmarrow said:
Your dad got strapped to an air-to-air missile and fired through a skyscraper into a helicopter?

Hey, show some respect!

It's bad enough the poor guy has to relive it every time the movie's on, without you reminding him again!

-Hyp.

Numion

First Post
Berandor said:
Yours didn't? It's actually a fairly common death.

I guess the missile industry has lobbied well to cover their asses .. always downplaying the health risks of strapping oneself to missiles :\

Frostmarrow

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Hey, show some respect!

It's bad enough the poor guy has to relive it every time the movie's on, without you reminding him again!

-Hyp.

It was just a straight question. For the record: I'm sorry to hear about Kai Lord's dad's fate.

Kaledor

First Post
One of my favorite death scenes in the last few years was in Farscape.
IIRC, It must of been in season before the last one. When Criton and crew is on board the Peacekeeper battleship.
They blow the thing to peices and as it's going down in flames you see Scorpius, at the same time defiant and defeated, in his room atop the stairs with destruction all around him...
Very cool imagry -- one of the best scenes on TV, better than many movie scenes!

Glad someone said Obi Wanin SW IV. That was a great scene, very powerful because you didn't really expect it in such a movie at the time.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Kaledor said:
One of my favorite death scenes in the last few years was in Farscape.
IIRC, It must of been in season before the last one. When Criton and crew is on board the Peacekeeper battleship.
They blow the thing to peices and as it's going down in flames you see Scorpius, at the same time defiant and defeated, in his room atop the stairs with destruction all around him...
Very cool imagry -- one of the best scenes on TV, better than many movie scenes!

Does that really count as a death scene? I mean.. he didn't actually die, did he? It was still very cool, though! :cool:

Gotta go with Roy Batty, though...

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I think Archy Hamilton's (played by Mark Lee) death in Gallipoli is a good scene. As the next wave of ANZAC troops is ready to go over the top, pretty much knowing they're going to be dead to a man in seconds, he's repeating his old running mantras. "How fast can you run?" "As fast as a leopard." "How fast you gonna run?" "As fast as a leopard." And then he goes over as his buddy Frank Dunne (played by Mel Gibson) is desperately running with a message to stop the assault.
Sonny Corleone's death is a pretty good scene too.

But it really is hard to beat Roy Batty's.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Spock in the Wrath of Kahn. I know he came back. But I didn't know he was coming back when I first saw it.

When the girl jumps off the mountain after the brother of Daniel Day Lewis's character who was killed by Mogwa in Last of the Mohicans. There was nothing said. The looks upon the face of the girl and the look upon Mogwa's face said it all. It was one of the best unspoken romances I have ever seen on film, and very touching when the woman followed the man she loved off the side of the mountain.

Vader's death in Return of the Jedi was pretty good, as was Obi Wan Kenobi's in Star Wars.

The death scene in the Kevin Costner movie Revenge was very touching.

The way I envisioned Boromir's death scene from the book was much more powerful than the movie IMO. I was a little disappointed he was only killed by three arrows and then had to be saved by Aragorn. That ruined his death scene and diminished him from the character I knew in the book who killed so many orcs that they feared to approach him even while dying. That death scene doesn't rank all that high for me.

Remove ads