• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second best death scene?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Celtavian said:
The way I envisioned Boromir's death scene from the book was much more powerful than the movie IMO. I was a little disappointed he was only killed by three arrows and then had to be saved by Aragorn. That ruined his death scene and diminished him from the character I knew in the book who killed so many orcs that they feared to approach him even while dying. That death scene doesn't rank all that high for me.

While I like it a more than you did apparently I agree that it was much better in the book. Of course that can be said of most of LoTR. :D

Also..

Sgt Elias in Platoon.
Little Bill in Unforgiven

Last edited:

drnuncheon

Explorer
Although you wouldn't expect it from a britcom, one of the best is from the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.

Also,
Avon
from Blake's 7.

KenM

Banned
Banned
A couple of other deaths I really liked:
Bill
From Kill Bill.

And
Vizinnie(SP?)
from The Princess Bride, can't forget that one. :cool:

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Yep!! That was a good one and I forgot about it.

Hmm? That's not a death scene.

Listen to the sound of the guns during the end credits. The last gun that fires is Avon's. Avon doesn't die.

-Hyp.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Celtavian said:
When the girl jumps off the mountain after the brother of Daniel Day Lewis's character who was killed by Mogwa in Last of the Mohicans. There was nothing said. The looks upon the face of the girl and the look upon Mogwa's face said it all. It was one of the best unspoken romances I have ever seen on film, and very touching when the woman followed the man she loved off the side of the mountain.

Dude, that scene rocked.

Heck, that entire sequence was really good. I'm surprised that the guy didn't try and grab Mogwa and drag him over the cliff with him.

Brad

Richards

Legend
You guys are all focusing on human deaths! Here are a couple of my favorite death scenes from kaiju movies:

The one-eyed Japanese scientist, creator of the oxygen destroyer, activates his invention underwater knowing that at least he'll take Godzilla with him. (Godzilla, King of the Monsters)

Mothra, dying, flies over to her egg and drapes it with her wing, trying up until the very end to protect it from Godzilla. (Godzilla vs. the Thing)

The last of the Rodan birds, seeing its mate - the only other one of its kind - dying in a lava flow lands beside it and joins it in death. (Rodan)

The adult Mothra is slain in the water and sinks into the ocean depths, her battered body twirling slowly as she descends to her watery grave. (Rebirth of Mothra, although it might have been Rebirth of Mothra II)

Godzilla's atomic heart goes into meltdown, threatening to destroy Japan when he dies - only to have the massive radiation blast absorbed by his "son," which turns him into the new, spikier-finned Godzilla. (Godzilla vs. Desteroyah)​
Johnathan

D+1

First Post
Roy Batty in Bladerunner
Spock in ST: Wrath of Kahn
Col. Shaw and Pvt. Trip in Glory
Col. Nicholson in Bridge on the River Kwai
Dar Robinson's Albino Hitman in Stick (a bit obscure, but the first ever use of the "keep firing your weapons at your enemy as you fill to your death" bit unless I'm mistaken)
William Scorelli (Henry Silva) in Sharkey's Machine
Jaws - just pick one; there are any number of memorable death scenes in there.
Amanda Hunsaker - opening scene of Lethal Weapon
Blain (Jesse Ventura) in Predator (not the actual death but the gratuitous automatic weapons fire that follows:)
Agent Smith in The Matrix
King Kong
Aliens - just pick one. Hudson, Vazquez/Gorman, Burke, Drake...

...and how can you guys FORGET?!

Kane in Alien!

That has to be tops. HAS to be.

Last edited:

Chain Lightning

First Post
Richards wrote:
You guys are all focusing on human deaths! Here are a couple of my favorite death scenes from kaiju movies:

One of my favorite death scenes that got me choked up also was not from a human, that's right! The death of Optimus Prime in "Transformers:The Movie".

Thank goodness I'm fairly anonymous on these boards, that admittance would destroy what little there is left of my dating life. :D

Another good death scene from non-live action movies:-Death of Roy Fokker in Robotech.

Remove ads