• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second Darkness

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Hey everyone, I just picked up the first part of Second Darkness (Together with the Player's Guide thingy), and just wanted to hear a.) what people thought of this AP, and b.) if there's anything I have to look out for (Either in this Part, or further down the Path).

Sylrae

First Post
Hey everyone, I just picked up the first part of Second Darkness (Together with the Player's Guide thingy), and just wanted to hear a.) what people thought of this AP, and b.) if there's anything I have to look out for (Either in this Part, or further down the Path).

I'm actually running this adventure path now. The players derailed the plot for a good chunk of it and are now getting back on track.

Here are the things I have to say about it.

1. It's really a good plot.
2. You should really make use of the fluff in the module and run alot of sidequest things so that they learn about the cyphermages and investigate the blot in the sky and whatnot. It's pretty easy for the players to pay attention to the main plot and not enough attention to the other things going on around them. > I could have done a better job at this, and it would have helped to have less evil PCs.
3. Keep in mind that the module is all in 3.5. You can run things as is, but that means the players are going to be stronger than they should be if youre using Pathfinder RPG Rules. My solution is to upgrade all of the NPCs to Pathfinder rules, but that is extra work you may not like to do. You could scale up the numbers to compensate. I'd at least upgrade the important NPCs. Saul, Kwava, Samaritha Maybe, and Definitely Depora.

The second darkness companion is really good too. and it has some great info about the city.

Remove ads