• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second Son of a Second Son: The Stat Draft

Tony Vargas

Legend
Papewaio of The Org said:
There is a danger of 'meta-drafting' 3 take the best stats from the first draft, the other 3 take the best from the second.
That immediately occured to me, too, but, it would leave poor stat sets in the pool for replacement characters - and, well, replacement characters were certainly called for in "Out of the Frying Pan..."

Slife

First Post
Tony Vargas said:
That immediately occured to me, too, but, it would leave poor stat sets in the pool for replacement characters - and, well, replacement characters were certainly called for in "Out of the Frying Pan..."

But if you have good stats to start with you won't have as much a chance of needing replacements.

Ciaran

First Post
Slife said:
But if you have good stats to start with you won't have as much a chance of needing replacements.
I submit that you probably haven't read the write-ups for "Out of the Frying Pan". Good stats offer little protection in Aquerra... :D

Still enjoying the game, and still happy with my stats. I call the draft a success!

Rastfar

First Post
Curious, I added up the total point values for each individual draft. Set 1 has a total of +51 and Set 2 yields a total of +44, a 7 point discrepancy. Even assuming the removal of the 6 lowest stats as most undesirable, therefore least likely to be picked, the totals become +56 and +51 respectively. I wonder if this had some bearing on the result of the majority of players choosing their stat sets from the first round. Any thoughts?

Ciaran

First Post
Curious, I added up the total point values for each individual draft. Set 1 has a total of +51 and Set 2 yields a total of +44, a 7 point discrepancy. Even assuming the removal of the 6 lowest stats as most undesirable, therefore least likely to be picked, the totals become +56 and +51 respectively. I wonder if this had some bearing on the result of the majority of players choosing their stat sets from the first round. Any thoughts?

I suspect it was a pre-emptive measure against attempts to game the system with the 'meta-drafting' strategy proposed by Papewaio a few posts up. If the players agree that half of them will split the best stats in the first draft and the other half will split the best stats in the second draft, the latter group will suffer for it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads