Secrets of the Halmae: My Players Keep Out

Seonaid

Explorer
So, F--what was the secret secretness you hinted at in the spoiler of the SH thread? I'm quite, quite curious and while I have some ideas, they are very vague and not worth mentioning. :)

KidCthulhu

First Post
I love "my players keep out threads". They're so secretive!

How about a permutation on the "players sit in on the trial"? You've got some good guests out there, put live bodies on the committee. Surprise the players with them, and set the whole thing up like a formal trial. Remember PC's trial of Kiri?

Have one of the candidates threaten them with harm if they don't get the job. Or harm if they do get the job. Or have one bribe them, which ought to send Anvil right round the bend.

The real thing to consider is why are the PC's important? What about the role of Chancellor is important? Is he just a big talking head, or is he Gandalf/Dumbledore/Merlin all rolled into one (that's a lot of beard!)? If you answer those questions, you'll be a long way towards figuring out what to do.

Jackylhunter

First Post
So, this thread hasn't been active in while, but I have a quick question:

I gather that clerics of Kettenek get weapon proficency: Longsword. What would the Favored Weapons of the Gods of Halmae be?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

Terenon

First Post
Plot Twist

Since this is the end of an epic quest, the ending should be very dramatic. I suggest a plot twist. The real reason for gathering the worlds greatest magicians together was not really to pick a Chancellor. One (or More) of the NPC Mages uses the Chancellor selection as an opportunity to eliminate all of the competition. This can be done with or without the collusion of the Mages Academy.

In Fact you could have the Academy be the focal point for revolution. The point is no matter how you set up the resulting premise, A massive mage battle with Outsiders, Guilds and a woefully outmatched city guard will ensue. The PC's will be stuck right in the middle trying to figure out who to align to.

Remove ads