Sect Management for Wuxia Campaigns

One of the issues I run into in my wuxia campaigns is the management and growth of sects, especially when players become leaders of such organizations. I've tried a wide number of approaches from getting into very specific bookkeeping and tracking, to more abstract domain management-style rules. The book keeping can become tedious and also lead to other issues, while I have often found it difficult to get players to engage with abstract subsystems (even really well done ones seem to run into issues as players get more specific). This is the method I have been messing around with lately. It is still rough and something I am going to be tinkering with more, but so far it works for what I need in terms of automating certain aspects of the players running sects while also giving them control over the process (at least enough control for how it tends to be approached by my players). I am also working on sect building procedures as well. The numbers are very preliminary though as I am just trying to get some base to test and work with.

Remove ads