• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Seeking 4 players for DnD 3.5 FRC (Closed)

Hathur

First Post
(( Game is now full ))

Greetings.

I'm looking for 4 players interested in participating in a DnD 3.5 Forgotten Realms campaign. The campaign itself will go from lvl 1-20 and is fully planned for a long haul run.

The game will be run via play by post forums (located at www.unlimitedrpgs.com) - please don't register there for my game until I have accepted you into the game, as administrators at that site won't accept registrations that aren't approved by DMs first.

I have about 3 years of experience running play by post games (I ran my own site a while back for over a year). I'm well experienced as a DM as well (6 years dm'ing DnD 3.X and over 9 years dm'ing AD&D).

Normally I would run my own custom adventures and campaigns, however, they are very time consuming to create and ultimately seldom make it for more than a few months (hard to juggle real life and create a fully detailed campaign myself).

However, because I want to create a lengthy, lasting campaign, I've decided to run a campaign consisting of published adventures. I modify these pretty heavily to suit my own creative desires, but use them as a foundation to start from.

Who this campaign appeal to:

I won't beat around the bush here, this campaign is definitely aimed at players who enjoy lots of dungeon adventures and heavy action. To ensure action runs smoothly as tabletop play, I use battle mapping heavily in my games (the maps will be images linked to my website). This allows players to fully implement the tactics and strategies in a traditional DnD tabletop gameplay with grid maps, etc.

There will still be ample opportunity for roleplaying, I fully encourage players to roleplay among theirselves, with NPCs they meet and even pursue their character's personal goals as well. While the campaign will be heavy action-based, this doesn't mean you can't finesse your way through many encounters with clever roleplaying, stealth, diplomacy, etc (I'm strongly in favor of this type of play as well).

The modules I intend to use for this campaign are by Wizards of the Coast, and are as follows (in order):

- The Sunless Citadel
- Forge of Fury
- Speaker in dreams
- Standing Stone
- Heart of nightfang spire
- Deep horizons
- Lord of the Iron Fortress
- Bastion of Broke Souls

Between these modules will also be room for multiple, optional side adventures that I'll use from various other published sources (primarily from my vast collection of Dungeon Magazine).

Players need only access to the player's handbook 3.5 - I have a vast array of books I permit in game (including psionics) but these are strictly optional.

I'm also interested in players who can post frequently. I am fully capable of posting multiple times per day and would like players who can "look in" on the forums at least once a day or more (not necessary to post if you feel your character has nothing to say or do at the moment, but I would like players that can check on the forum at least once a day minimum to see if they're required to perform an action).

I'd like this to be an active campaign and thus, desire active players.

If you'd like to see the list of books I permit in my game, as well as the 4 simple house rules I have (nothing major, just minor stuff to keep the game moving), please check my website at http://geocities.com/hathur99/

If you would like to participate in this campaign and can meet my requirements of activity, please email me at leslinder@hotmail.com and tell me a little about yourself, your posting availability and the sort of character you might like to play.

NOTE: Mature players only please - you should also have some experience with DnD 3.X .. I don't have time to cope with new players unfamiliar with the rules of the system.

Permitted Alignments: LG, NG, CG, LN, N

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads