• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

seeking drow elf name

sithramir

First Post
Any good suggestions? I like names like alak and rizzen but they are typical drow elf names. I just can't seem to find one I like thats not taken.

Kaiyosama

First Post
You are going to get so many "helpfull" suggestions that are variations on a certain popular drow...

Personally, multiple ' are fun.

Welverin

First Post
if you can your hands on the Drow of the Underdark (2e FR product), there is a list of names in the back (first and last, male and female).

MythosaAkira

Explorer
Here's 50 from a TableSmith run:

Abaet'Elgg
Aerthbrorn'Elend
Arkh'Elender
A'Xuil
Baenregaer
Bel'Alust
Bel'Noc'Cik
Driddol'Quarth
Elggorn'Cik
Elgluth'Suul
Elg'Zak
Erynvelve
Ghaun'Elgg
Har'khe
Har'luth
Har'Silt
Iltelve'Urden
Jarlolt'Arl
Jhalbrorn'Cahl
Kalsatrin
Ky'Kalsa
Llurtalin
Maltalin
Ne'Menz
Ne'Udossat
Obsul'Naus
Olath'Eligin
Olis'khe
Olis'Ssham
Phindarply
Phindarress'Arl
Qua'Noq'Oloth
Rath'rae
Sargkhe
Shahn'Xundus
Sheb'Lindith
Ssin'Zakn
T'Abaet
Tlin'Ibl
Tu'Uss
Ulinvelve'Oloth
Usaerthrae'Ol
Velg'gaer
Verin'Ur
Wholraev'Elender
Yachthar
Zauvorn'El
Zhaun'dol
Z'Nalf
Z'Silt

Plenty of apostrophes :)

Tanstaafl

First Post
The appendixes (not sure if that's the correct plural) at the end of the Silmarillion and the Book of Lost Tales are a good place for elf names in general, & there are a number of nifty 'dark' names.

Lomear - 'child of gloom'
Kaukarenldar - 'crooked' or perhaps 'crooked one'
Moritarnon - 'door of night' (a place name, but could work for a person)
Amarth - 'doom'
Turamarth - 'master of doom'

BVB

First Post
Depends on the nature of drow in your own campaign. If it's traditional in their culture to use five-letter names ending with a hard 'K' sound, then suggesting "Dr'zzt" isn't going to be useful when you're looking for "Spock" or "Sarek."

Personally, I like L'Shonda, Kameel, Mo'Eesha, Jamal, Bob, Frank, Joe, John, Lisa, Lucy, Susan, Booger-butt, Stud-muffin, Xeros, Xeroz, Xerox, Tiny, or Darkwind the Destroyer. Good solid drow names all.

Remove ads