Seeking employment

G

Gabriel_LeCreux

This strange, silvery skinned figure approaches the boards. With his back to the room, his row of short spikes down the line of his back is visible. He wears a white wrap about the waist and grayish pant, with cloven hooves instead of feet. He tacks up a message, and moves to sit down, watching the board and waiting patiently.

I am Gabriel of the LeCreux clan. I do not know this place well. I did not know I need coins to pay. I was told to work for coins. Then they said put up a message, so I am. I am a Mimik. It is like doppleganger. I do not know what I do for work, but if someone wants me to work, I will work. I am learn common still. I get best each day. I assimilate that this will take time. I am patient. Thank you.

C

Cerrinity

A man, cloaked in black, walks up to the boards and reads the note. He grabs his quill and writes a reply,

How well are you at fighting and defending?

After writing the reply, the man walks out of the tavern and hides in the shadows of the trees just outside.

E

eriwoj

The smell of some odd little creature wafts through the room. Silxa hones in on the smell and follows it to the source.

"Little fellow, Gabriel, I believe your name is. I am looking for students, and from the sounds of your vocabulary, I do feel you may need a bit of schooling. I teach language, and working skills for almost any job. Would you be willing to study?"

G

Gabriel_LeCreux

After observing and assimilating knowledge for some time, he looks back to the note and finds replies tacked by it. A boyish smile infects his lips, and he moves close to study the messages. At the first he takes a moment to translate the words in his own language, then nods once he's done so. He looks to the second and grins broader, understanding it fairly well. He hurriedly scribbles a reply, quite excitedly.

First who made answer to me-
Mimik does not use violence, but Mimik can defend. I assimilate you want warrior, and I not. I sorry.

Next who made answer about teach me-
I am eager to assimilate knowledge, and I like to do this. I worry about pay. Does I needs coins? I got no coins, I sorry. If you teach me, I learn good. I try my better to do good. Thank you.

E

eriwoj

As the fellow is scribling, the woman who wrote the note to him approaches.

"I do not take payment for knowledge instead I teach and allow the skills I give others let them gain coins. I need no money so it works well for me."

G

Gabriel_LeCreux

He turns around to find the woman there, and smiles. It's an innocent, boyish smile, and charming in an infantile sort of way. He holds out a hand, his eyes alight with excitement. :tiphat:

"Hello, teacher. I Gabriel. I thank you, and yes, I would like to assimilate knowledge from you. When good time to start? Start now? What is you name?"

Remove ads