• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Seeking Liars

I am currently playing a Rog7/Wiz6 who is my party's "faceman." My whole concept is very impressive Bluff checks (as well as decent Diplomacy and Intimidate checks).

I was wondering if anyone here knew of any decent Prestige Classes that give bonuses to Bluff, or provide new and exciting uses of said skill? I already know of the mindbender from Tome and Blood, but are there any others?

Your help in this matter is appreciated.

MarauderX

Explorer
Sure, you can find all sorts of stuff in Dragon #94... made you look! :)

I don't know of anything that would help at bluff checks besides synergy bonuses, such as yelling "Look out!" then tumbling out of the way to get someone to take their eyes off of you. I will be trying it more and more as I am playing a bard that is also the party 'face man'. Add prestidigitation to do some minor tricks too, such as the disappearing coin or pulling flowers from a hat to please a lady you were doing a task for and she give you a tip; you never know how it can help.

Drawmack

First Post
Here are a couple cool uses for Bluff, taken from TH:ROE - well paraphased verions anyway.

Barter & Hagle: When shopping for better prices opposed bluff checks are used to play truck for the best deal. Loss and the price increases, win the price decreases, tie the price stays the same. You can play as many times as you like but each loss give you a cumulative -1 circumstance modifier.

Smuggle Items: Consealing items from the person patting you down requires a bluff check, because you've got to get them not to look there. Bluff vs. Sense Motive

Hope that helps.

Felix

Explorer
In Song and Silence, both the Dread Pirate and Outlaw of the Crimson Road give various bonuses to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate, IIRC.

The Spy Master (is that its name?) from the same book turns you into a lying machine, as you can become whomever you want. (change disguises in about one minute)

Remove ads