• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sell me on DragonMech

Acid_crash

First Post
We don't get too many sell me threads on here but I am giving it a shot.

Basically, I need somebody to convince me to give DragonMech more than a cursory look and tell me why it's a good setting so I can past the artwork in the book, which I think is horrendous.

How are the mecha rules and how well do they blend them with fantasy? What is the world itself like? How is it different than our 'traditional' games like Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms?

Stuff like that, please.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Acid_crash said:
Basically, I need somebody to convince me to give DragonMech more than a cursory look and tell me why it's a good setting so I can past the artwork in the book, which I think is horrendous.

For me, the artwork is a draw. Beautiful stuff.

The next time you're in a store read the world background chapter -- the first few pages.

JoeGKushner

First Post
For me, the artwork was also a draw.

In my opinion, the first book introduces the campaign setting but doesn't bring it to life. It's rather there to act as an example of what happens when X (massive event) forces the creation of the mechs in the first place and how the world starts to change to adapt to this situation.

My new review here.

Dragonmech

Tetsubo

First Post
I am still working my way through the book. But it has lovely art, solid background and seems to be very self consistant. The world it is set on is also very interesting. If you are on the fence buy a copy at a discount if you can. But I do recommend it. I'd place it in my Top Five for the year.

Remove ads