• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Selling my 2,000+ D&D Minis Collection

Amator

First Post
First off, I feel like I'm using the wrong forum for this. I did a search for the EN Marketplace, but only found this thread from last month saying that the marketplace is down and if you have stuff to sell to list it in General.

My wife and I are trying to get rid of our debt, so I'm selling most of my minis. I kept around 500 out of the 2500 or so.

I'm auctioning the collection in lots based on RPG type. I put up the first 12 tonight, and plan on doing around 10 per day until I get all 40 or so lots online. Huges and promos will come at the end. All minis have stat cards unless stated in the auction and I offer combined shipping ($X + $1 per additional auction; X is the most expensive Priority Flat Rate box of the auctions won.)

Here are Wednesday night's auctions; these end on Saturday evening:

Kuo-Toa (11 minis)
Lizardfolk (13 minis)
Ogres (6 minis) 3 rares
Reptilians (16 minis)
Gnolls (26 minis)
Troglodytes (23 minis)
Trolls (7 minis) 5 rares, including 2 Harbinger Trolls
Mind Flayers (4 minis) including the Harbinger Mind Flayer
Drow (49 minis) 12 rares including Champion of Eilistraee, Ryld Argith, Drider Sorcerer, and others.
Giants (10 minis) 8 rares including Fire Giant Forgepriest and 2 Archfiends Hill Giants.
Duergar (20 minis)
Sahuagin (6 minis) including the Sahuagin Baron.
Aberrations (32 minis) 8 rares including 2 Gauths, Beholder Lich, and 2 Ochre Jellys.

More to come tomorrow evening! Thanks for looking!

And here are tonight's DDM lots. These will end on late Sunday evening.

Warforged (10 minis) Lord of Blades, Warforged Barbarian
Earth Elementals (9 minis) Harbinger Large Earth Elemental x2
Golems (5 minis) Iron, Clay, 2 Flesh, Brass
Wolves (10 minis)
Planetouched (14 minis) Tieflings, Aasimar
Paladins (14 minis) Sword of Heironeous, Paladin of Torm, Purple Dragon Knight
Stirge x7
Aspects (7 minis) Orcus, Bane, Demogorgon
Gith (9 minis) Githzerai, Githyanki
Insects and Spiders (23 minis) Large Monstrous Spider

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the spam if I'm in the wrong forum.

David

Amator

First Post
Too bad you closed your auctions to any international bids. lots of stuff there I would have bid on...

Sorry about that. I did it for 2 reasons:

1. The only three times I've been scammed on eBay were from international users from Europe, South America, and Asia.
2. To simply sending out 40+ packages within a day or two I'm only sending out everything US Postal Service flat rate Priority Mail.

If you're an ENWorld user and are internationally located, I of course would make an exception for you. You'd just pay whatever the actual shipping cost comes out to be. But I think since I set up the exclusions on the auction listing it may not take your bid. Again, if that is the case, sorry about that.

Oryan77

Adventurer
If you would be interested in selling the rest as one bulk sale, I would be interested in buying them all. Save you the time to list them on Ebay and pay ebay fees.

If so, just email me your asking price at oryan1977 at yahoo.com :)

Amator

First Post
Oryan, perhaps...I'll send you an email tonight with the complete inventory and asking price. I guess it's only fair considering I've bought from you at least twice. ;)

Festivus

First Post
I will try to bid one some of them (like I could use the wolves) but I just wanted to applaud your motivation for selling the collection.

I went through a time when I had racked up huge amounts of debt, and it took me a while to get totally debt free but it's amazing when you are finished doing it. That was 10 years ago. The only debt we carry today is our mortgage.

Well done, good on you, and I hope to win some auctions :)

Amator

First Post
Thanks Festivus. We're down to around $1500 from a loan for legal fees and $8000 on my car, so hopefully we'll be free in about a year, not counting the mortgage. The $1500 will be gone by April and I will snowball that payment onto my car. Once the car loan is gone I want to continue paying that same amount into a savings account so the next time my wife or I needs a car we will hopefully have enough to pay cash for a late model used car.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Once the car loan is gone I want to continue paying that same amount into a savings account so the next time my wife or I needs a car we will hopefully have enough to pay cash for a late model used car.

My wife and I did the same exact thing when I paid off my credit card and my car (I'll never buy a brand new car again, uhg). Since then, I've used my money in savings to buy my wife a new (used) car at a very modest price. A couple years later, we sold that car and used that money plus the new money we had in savings to get her an upgraded car (still at a modest price).

I tell ya, that's the way to do it. It feels so much better putting a couple hundred into savings each month rather than using it to pay a loan. :D

Amator

First Post
Oryan, I just emailed you a spreadsheet with all the minis and my asking price to your gamelocker email addy. I actually submitted two offers; one for everything not currently up for auction and another lower offer that takes out 10 of those lots if I don't hear back from you by midnight so my bidders aren't waiting forever.

Everyone else - Apologies for not getting another 10 lots up last night. It took considerably longer than I thought to prepare the information for Oryan. If we don't reach an agreement by midnight tonight I will list another ten lots between midnight and 1am EST.

Amator

First Post
Hey guys, I made a great deal with Oryan for the remainder of my minis so I will not be posting any more lots to sell.

Thank you everyone.

Remove ads