• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Selling old books?

starkad

First Post
Aside from Ebay, where would I sell some old 1st/2nd edition stuff, and get a mediochre price for them?

I don't expect top dollar, or even mid dollar. Just something. I have no space to store this stuff anymore, and need to offload it, but want a good price vs effort place to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Airwolf

First Post
Well, if you were in Arizona I would direct you to www.bookmans.com.

Since you are not I would suggest that you look into used bookstores in your area. Not all will have a section for used RPGs but some might.

At any rate, good luck!

JDragon

Explorer
Try your local convention, thats what I did.

Alot of conventions have flee markets where you can sell your old stuff, or an area set aside for personal sells.

I took most (98%) of my basic, 1st & 2nd ed stuff; payed $10 to get a table in the area at my local con (DUNDRACON in San Ramon, CA) for 2 hours and walked out with $500+ in cash.

I'm sure this wasn't even 1/3 of what i had paid for it all over the last 15 years, but it cleaned out my closet and payed for a new computer. :D

JDragon

WSmith

First Post
I second the convention suggestion. However, if you really can't wait for the next one to come arpound, you could also post on the www.dragonsfoot.org message boards in the Wanted /For sale section if it is 1st ed/2nd ed type stuff.

starkad

First Post
I'll post a list tonight, and no I honestly don't have a choice in the waiting part. I have to get rid of them because I am desperately seeking a roommate to alleviate the cash hemmorhage that the downturned economy has sprung... Taking a 60% paycut compared to my last job, sucks. But hey after a year being unemployed, I can't complain TOO much, right?

Davelozzi

Explorer
Pandemonium Books & Games in Harvard Square buys used stuff, but you have to make an appointment in advance. Give them a call.

Pandemonium Books & Games
36 JFK Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-3721

Sir Edgar

First Post
starkad said:
I'll post a list tonight, and no I honestly don't have a choice in the waiting part. I have to get rid of them because I am desperately seeking a roommate to alleviate the cash hemmorhage that the downturned economy has sprung... Taking a 60% paycut compared to my last job, sucks. But hey after a year being unemployed, I can't complain TOO much, right?

Sorry to hear that. I think everyone is feeling the pain, but there are definitely A LOT of people in your shoes, too. So, don't feel too bad. Once the economy improves, I'm sure you'll be better off soon enough!

I just wish Bush would focus on improving the economy and fighting terrorism rather than the war against Iraq. He and his father are obsessed with Saddam Hussein. Maybe it's an order from their Skulls and Bones mates (secret fraternity at Yale that is often compared to the Freemasons). :D

Anyhow, eBay is not a bad place to sell your stuff but I'd be curious to see what you have, too.

http://www.nobleknightgames.com/

Noble Knight Games might by your stuff if it is in good condition.

You can probably get about 20 cents on the dollar, or slightly more for trade value. - NOT exactly a great return on your investment, but this would most likely require the least amount of time & effort on your part.

EBay will get you the most $, but require the most work.

Most ( brick and morter ) used book stores will sell old books at about half price anyway, so the most they could give you would be about 20% cover value. Some savvy used stores sell rares for more, but that would be the exception in my experience...

Remove ads