• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sept.] What are you playing?

Bonzi

First Post
trancejeremy said:
Space Rangers 2? Haven't heard of it. But now that I looked it up, sounds intriguing.

But hmmm, it uses Starforce as copy protection. I'm not sure about that, especially with my OS (the 64 bit version of XP..)

Yep, that made it a hard choice for me as well. I was finally told the new version of Starforce hasn't caused any reported problems, so I took the plunge. (I did hear about someone who couldn't run the game because of Starforce, but it didn't mess up their computer or anything like old versions. They contacted the developer and received a "rescue code" that allowed the game to run). In any case, I can fully understand not wanting to risk it. If it wasn't for the thread at Octopus Overlords and all the folks over there going on and on about the game, I'd have avoided it as well. What can I say...I failed my will save. ;)

mojo1701

First Post
Update:

As one of my housemates has a cube, we've been playing four player "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords." The friend who owns the Cube is the one that keeps getting voted the dark Link.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
Another vote for Super Smash Bros Melee for good multiplayer fun on the glorious Cube.

Just picked up Tales of Symphonia--I had my doubts at first (too cutesy), but two hours in, the story gets a little more dark, and far more captivating. I think I'm falling in love with it.

Still pounding away on Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and trying to master system link combos on Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance.

Kingdom of Loathing? Why have I never heard of that?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Bonzi said:
Yep, that made it a hard choice for me as well. I was finally told the new version of Starforce hasn't caused any reported problems, so I took the plunge. (I did hear about someone who couldn't run the game because of Starforce, but it didn't mess up their computer or anything like old versions. They contacted the developer and received a "rescue code" that allowed the game to run). In any case, I can fully understand not wanting to risk it. If it wasn't for the thread at Octopus Overlords and all the folks over there going on and on about the game, I'd have avoided it as well. What can I say...I failed my will save. ;)

Well, in my case, I'm not sure it will even run on my system. I did some checking and while the most recent version of Starforce works on x64 XP, older games do not unless the developer writes a patch for it.

ShrinkyLink

First Post
Why oh why did you people introduce me to Kingdom of Loathing? Now I live for nothing else--I'll be combining things with meat paste in my sleep.

Friend of mine gave me Zork as a gift. I never played it Back In The Day, but it still amuses.

Going to check out Legend of the Green Dragon, Javapadawan. I feel my productivity will come to a standstill.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads