• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

September '08 - What are you playing?

Arnwyn

First Post
Wow... the months go by fast.

I finished Phantasy Star IV (Genesis) and can confidently say it's the best PS game (actually... the only old-school one worth playing, even though the story is considerably better if you had played the 3 previous games). A very satisfying end to the main series.

I'm now mid-way through Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC, played on my GCN GBA Player). Not bad - but, after playing through a considerable number of Zeldas now, I just don't see why that series is so popular. Meh... I don't get it. *shrug*

Wife & a friend: Working our way through Rock Band (World Tour mode). ~500+ stars and ~675,000 fans, and a ways to go. Looking forward to RB2, though, in which the 'mystery sets' will be more, uh, "balanced".

Wife: Still on FF8 - she doesn't want it to end yet, and has chosen to grind and grind and grind instead! Crazy woman.

Orius

Legend
Wife: Still on FF8 - she doesn't want it to end yet, and has chosen to grind and grind and grind instead! Crazy woman.

That is crazy; grinding really isn't worth it in that game, and sometimes staying low level is better.

Myself, I'm going through my first run through FFXII.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
-Spore. Didn't get much sleep last night due to it. It is awesome. Only consern I got, is that it is really really easy on the easy setting. Maybe to make it viable for younger players too. I just tend to start all games with easy to get the feeling and then go to normal. With Spore I think I'll start again today straight at hard.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Currently I'm bottlenecked on Final Fantasy VII. The last thing I did was beat the motorcycle boss.

Hry, Blackrat is it possible to play spore off-line, or is it totally an on-line game?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hry, Blackrat is it possible to play spore off-line, or is it totally an on-line game?

It is. I don't even think that the gameplay itself has any online features. You can just download other people's creations to be added to the ingame universe along with the originals and your own. Other than that it is completely off-line game ;).

Gulla

Adventurer
I'm still working through Mass Effect. After realizing that you should speak with the crew between missions I suddenly had even more side quests and places to go. Spore is coming up, but so is Civ-Colonization and I still have a long backlog of games. This year and last year were very good harvests for me.

So many games, so much work to do.

Håkon

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Still playing GTA IV. Taken a break from FFT:A2 for a little while. Also playing Super Mario RPG, which is an interesting and cute diversion.

I have $25-$100 coming in the form of Best Buy gift cards, but I'm not sure what I should get. A game is one possibility.

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
I took a break from FFTA2 as well; I beat the antlion boss only to run out of battery power... grrr...

Right now I'm playing Spore, but honestly I'm less than impressed with it. I may go back and play Civ 4 instead.

My list of games that are half played and need finishing is as follows: Suikoden 5, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Mask of the Betrayer, Metroid Prime 3, and Portal. Also, I recently picked up Painkiller based on the ZP review.

Whitemouse

Banned
Banned
Currently I'm playing Zelda: Twilight Princess and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Really I'm waiting for the 16th to roll around so I can get my hands on Force Unleashed.

GlassJaw

Hero
I don't think I've played any video games yet in the month of September but I still have a subscription to LotRO so I'll still be playing that.

I'm also been itching to replay the Thief series again (also to do some research for a possible PnP campaign) and I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the Through the Looking Glass forums about installing and community mods. The Thief community is very strong, which is great to see.

Remove ads