• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

September 2008: What are you reading?

Shalimar

First Post
The Scourge of God by S.M. Stirling the second novel of the second Trilogy of the Change series

Coming up in the Que:
The Force Unleashed
Burn Notice: The Fix
Jedi Twilight (Coruscanti Nights I)
Street of Shadows (Coruscanti Nights II)
Shadowrun: Aftershock
Shadworun: A fistful of Data

Last edited:

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I just finished Earth Abides, a very touching book.

Next up, by odd coincidence, either a re-reading Fifth Business by Robertson Davies, one of my favorite authors, or The Lies of Locke Lamora.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Re-reading the Magician series by Feist. My 12 year old must have read it 4 times in the last year, and wants to talk about it, but I can't remember that far back!

Storm Raven

First Post
Currently finishing up the Rama series with Rama Revealed. The Gentry Lee collaborations aren't really that good. After that, I'm back to Barsoom with Swords of Mars.

delericho

Legend
I'm just back form Lisbon, which meant lots of time spent waiting in airports, which in turn meant lots of reading. So, I have just finished:

"Live and Let Die", the second James Bond novel, by Ian Fleming. Good book, and a nice, easy read (ideal for flying), but I could have done without the casual racism.

"Emperor: the Gates of Rome" by Conn Iggulden. First of his books I had read, and I can't recommend it enough. It looks like he and Bernard Cornwell between them might fill the void left by David Gemmell's death.

"Forges of Nuln", for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. The third book in the "Paths of the Damned" trilogy is a fine conclusion to the series. That said, I immediately saw more than a couple of things I would be changing, one to eliminate a plot thread that seemed a direct copy of one from the previous part, and others to better tie the adventure to the actual events of the campaign thus far.

"Crown of Fangs", the last part of the "Curse of the Crimson Throne" Pathfinder adventure path. Another worthy conclusion to a very solid series - I'm looking forward to running this AP in the near-ish future.

"Second Darkness Player's Guide", again from Paizo. This was well-written, and generally okay. It will probably come into its own when I get around to reading the corresponding AP. For now, though, the vibe I get is very much that it is a companion piece to something I haven't yet read. (But, hey, it was free, so I'm not complaining!)

Before I left, I also finished the second (blue) book from the Castle Whiterock boxed set. It's a very impressive adventure, that one, but something I won't be using as-written. But there's a huge amount of stuff in there I'm going to steal for use in other adventures. All in all, that boxed set does not disappoint.

I'm currently reading "Krondor: the Betrayal" by Raymond E. Feist (another nice, easy read ideal for travelling), and about to start "Shadow in the Sky", the first part of the "Second Darkness" Pathfinder adventure path. After that, it's probably on to "Twenty Years After" by Dumas and the "Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting" from Paizo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads