• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sequels to Lost Mines of Phandelver - home brew, DM's Guild, or other

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Did you use the material for Dragon of Icespire Peak? It uses the same region and adds a bunch of sidequests that can be plugged into LMoP.

And even more, the box set comes with a code to redeem high level content on Beyond that comes after the storyline of LMoP and DoIP (up to level 14, IIRC). All in the same region.

I second this. Although there is some overlapping in levels, some of the Dragons of Icespire Peak encounters go beyond 5 into level 7. Once you've done that, you can then use the free adventures included in D&D Beyond.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Storm King's Thunder is probably the simplest official module to turn into a sequel. One of the starting towns in chapter 2 (Triboar) is very close to Phandalin, you just need to insert a plot hook to get your PCs to the next town over. E.g.
  • Somebody in Phandalin asks the PCs to deliver something to Triboar
  • The Black Spider is working for the Fire Giants (possibly in connection with the drow attack on Gauntlegrym) and has a mem from Duke Zalto about the forthcoming attack on Triboar
  • Zephyros the cloud giant picks up the PCs and takes them to Triboar by accident
Nice! I've read SKT multiple times as I was running it for my kids and their friends before they all went off to college (they only got to ~5th level or so). Good call out.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
We went into "Storm King's Thunder". Unfortunately, while I really like the concept of that one, I found the execution sorely lacking - too much unfocused wandering about, followed by extreme redundancy in the giant lairs that represent the best bits of the adventure, with the "Shakespearean Giants" concept that I so liked being largely limited to the finale... which we never got to.

So I'm afraid that's not a recommendation. :(
Wish there was a reaction for "fair criticism".

Spohedus

Explorer
Our table went from LMoP to a 5e conversion of Red Hand of Doom. It was awesome. Venom fang was the common thread, as he was the first dragon they encountered on Skull Gorge Bridge. Lots of great moments in that campaign. The conversion was interesting as a DM and not too hard. There is a lot of material to convert at this point online. RHoD runs the party from level 6 to 11. We got from lvl 5 to 6 with one of the Yawning Portal offerings.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
thought I'd come back with a quick necro to say I decided on running Tamoachan, Tharizdun, and Tsojcanth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads