• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Serenity RPG] Across the 'Verse: Introductions

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
"We'll, I supposed I'd be willing to help you look into things anyway. Unfortunately we just let our best source of information slip through our fingers. If things get to hot I don't make any promises, and this time we need a plan, like what to do with the girl if we actually get her out."

He puffs on his cigar, lost in thought. "I might know a place 'Merk' would go to relax after this fiasco. It's not that far from Paula's place, and I doubt she'd want him hanging around after what just happened."

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“They havn't gotten far yet. We can still follow them. But if you know where Paula's place is, that won't be necessary... As for the girl, well, we would need to find some place where she can live. I doubt we will find that right now, but I'm willing to spend my time on that.”

Thondor

"I know the area. Ain't my first time on this rock. We could use some more info before we do anything rash." Aaron starts taking a circituous route to where he thinks Merk might head to relax. (If he comes across anyone else who might have some info he intends to ask.)

"So, where'd you learn those fancy moves?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
The two of you make your way toward Mel's, a good sized pool hall off a ways from the Blue Orchid, Paula's place. Smoke and music and rough-looking types drift out of Mel's into the rainy night. Folk don't go to Mel's for the pool, or even the beer - the regulars go to mix with their own kind, knowin' those that that ain't their kind won't come at all.

Aaron knows from experience, and Tatjana easily figures out on seeing the place, that if Merk is there and tries to stir something up when he sees Aaron and Tatjana, a brawl's powerful likely, 'pendin on how they play things.

(OOC: feel free to continue the conversation before you go in, if you like.)

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“I was a student of Jee Sin Sim See,” Tatjana explains in short, apparantly it is meant to be an explanation, at least, though Aaron probably never heard of that person before.

“As for a plan... Merk is the other guy, right? Not the one with the hand-ache. I would have an idea to get that one out, but he's probably seeing a doctor now... hopefully he is. Even though he kinda deserved it.”

Thondor

"Not exactly the kind of place I like to bring a lady," shaking his head.

"We have a second option of me trying to sneak into Blue Orchid, I might be able to pull off a disguise to get close, but lets try this first. You should maybe let me do the talking, I'm use to dealing with lowlives. I figure we try to bribe the info out of him first, he probably doesn't like Paula much at the moment."

Barring any immediate comments, Slick Craig, adjusts his poster and his walk and manner of carrying himself alters slightly, before entering Mel's Pool Hall.

Thanee

First Post
Tatjana

“Ok, I will stay here for a moment, and once you have his attention, I will slip in, but stay in the background, just in case.”

Maerdwyn

First Post
Slick pushes the door open, and his eyes instantly find Merk placing a drink order with a once-pretty waitress while two men continue a game on the pool table he's leaning against. After that, the rest of the room comes into focus.

A mix of cigar and cigarette fills the air. A dozen tables fill the L-shaped main floor, while a stage, screened off by a metal cage sits in the crook of the L. A decent band fronted by a tattooed blonde play is playing. The perimeter of the room is lined with tacky cushioned booths, mostly occupied by leather clad men and women in apparently good humor. At the table directly in front of Slick, a smallish guy tries and fails a trick shot sending the ball over the bumper's edge, causing the hologram to blink out.

As Slick steps forward, and cue stick swings into his path, but not striking him. A stocky bald man with a bushy red beard and a few missing teeth snarls, " 'the hell are you, sagwa?"

Thondor

"Got a game of pool to play, Puhn Yoh, and some money ridding on it. Watch where you swing that stick." He brushes past him with a swagger. Heading for the bar, he picks up two glasses of something hard and relatively expensive.

He manoevers sideways alongside Merk, studying the game being played. "I have a business offer for you," he says, offerring him a glass. "Paula don't exactly seem to be your friend and she certainly ain't mine. Who do you think'll win? I put money on the short guy." (The one who he guesses is most likely to lose.)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Merk looks at Aaron, does a double take, and scans the room, seemingly until satisfied no hand-crushing redheads are in the room. He hesitates a moment longer, then sighs and takes the drink, calls over to the guy Aaron bet on. "Hey Cue, how many times you scratch tonight?" "Dunno. Shix or ten, mehbee." Merk puts his money on the table rail and gulps at the booze: "Cue takes a double of bourbon every time he scratches. And his countin' gets fuzzy over about five. He's gonna lose." He watches the table intently as his player lines up a shot. "But I tell you what: whatever yer thinkin', Paula's gonna win."

Remove ads