• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Serenity" SE-DVD question

mojo1701

First Post
Is there going to be a "Serenity" Special/Collector's Edition DVD?

I'm only asking because I don't want to buy the DVD for Christmas and then find out that I could've held out for a better edition.

John Crichton

First Post
Doesn't look like it. Joss is not the type to double-dip.

I also just read this...

http://whedonesque.com/comments/8735

... where he talks a bit about the DVD. I figured he would have mentioned something about another version. Besides, this one has a decent amount of extras considering the flick came out 2 months ago. :)

mojo1701 said:
Was there a list of extras on the DVD in that article? Or was there another article somewhere that I've missed?

From Amazon:

* Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
* Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
* Commentary by: Writer/Director Joss WhedonDolby Digital 5.1
* Deleted scenes and outtakes
* Future History: The Story of Earth That Was
* What's in a Firefly
* Re-Lighting the Firefly
* Joss Whedon Introduction

Woohoo! Joss commentary!

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
They certainly wouldn't announce it before they sell the first one. I would not be shocked in the least to see one down the road, but normally that only happens quickly for blockbuster films, not cult/genre films. I'd ay we're a couple years away from a "special edition" if I had to guess.

delericho

Legend
Black Pharaoh said:
based on it's poor box office numbers I would think a sequel is unlikely

I wonder how badly the box office was affected by the number of advance screenings that the film had?

Anyway, Serenity is probably one of those films that will do really great business on DVD, much the same as Firefly did. It's possible that this will be enough to generate a sequel.

(Not that I'm holding my breath. Besides, I liked the way the film tied up the loose ends from the series. I don't feel any burning need for a sequel at this point.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads