• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Serpent Kingdoms: Buying?

Serpent Kingdoms: Buying?

• Yes

Votes: 72 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 14.7%

Raesene Andu

First Post
I'll probably buy it, as I'm hoping it will contain material I can use in my game, but I may not if it's not what I'm looking for. So I guess <grin> that I could be put down as undecided.

I bought it despite the fact that I don't play in Forgotten Realms. Looked like there was going to be too much cool stuff to steal for my own settings to pass up. :)

I bought it with the Planar Handbook last week, and so far I view it as the superior of the two books. This really surprised me as I am a HUGE Planescape fan and a fan of most things planar for that matter.

I'd say the book has quite a lot of utility for non FR camapigns. Even some of the region/location details can be used with some modification.

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I voted "no."

I tend to avoid all things Faerunian (it's just not my cuppa). I did buy the main book, Magic of Faerun and Underdark. The first two mainly for the prestige classes and the underdark book looked like it would be generic enough to be portable (which is was).

I may change my mind, if enough people say that it's great and easily usable in a number of settings.

chris7476

First Post
I'll definitely buy it. I just started a FR campaign based in Chult (jungles! woo hoo!) so I'm hoping I'll get a lot of use out of it.

I may change my mind, if enough people say that it's great and easily usable in a number of settings.

I haven't looked at SK yet but I will say that I've found the past few FR books to be far superior to the recent crop of WotC class books (the Complete books, Exalted deeds, etc). Aside from the Player's Guide to Faerun (which didn't have much new material and was more like a collection of existing stuff), the other books are very well written and have a lot of interesting new rules. I also love the layout and format of the FR books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads