Servants of the Twilight King

Blue_Genie said:
"There's 10 copper farthings in here, if you do a good job, there will be 20 more. Think you can handle that?"

The kid siezes and pockets the money with an incomprehensible alacrity. "No problem Guv, just keep an ear out." His chums roll their eyes and resume squabbling over dice.

Kangaxx

First Post
Gerald Seaton

The young man will introduce himself as Gerald to Myna and Urik as they enter.

Steve Gorak said:
"Thank you Moth", Urik takes the wine glass, drinks a sip, and starts singing soflty a tale of a lady warrior of old.

Gerald will turn to Moth as Urik starts to sing. "Food, drink, singing, and pleasant company. I had no idea this job would be so entertaining. I hope our host's arrival doesn't spoil the night."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Kangaxx said:
The young man will introduce himself as Gerald to Myna and Urik as they enter.
Gerald will turn to Moth as Urik starts to sing. "Food, drink, singing, and pleasant company. I had no idea this job would be so entertaining. I hope our host's arrival doesn't spoil the night."

Urik nods at Gerald in appreciation of his gracious comment.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Myna Basi, "Moth". Female human fighter

*Moth smiles widely at Urik's fine singing, enjoying the tale of the warrior woman. It's one she remembers from when she was little, one of the songs that fueled her desire to be independent. However, she's rarely heard it so well sung.*

"Thank you Urik, I really do like that song. And you sing it so well!" Moth says after Urik finishes. "And I do enjoy a pleasent evening as well as any person, particularly after being out in the field so long as I have. But whatever our employer has, it's bound to be interesting at the least."

Blue_Genie

First Post
Rorgun of Wrath Alley

Rorgun straightens his clothes, as he emerges from the alley, brushing off some of the road dirt which has accumulated in the last month. He gives the street a good look in either direction before making his way into the safe house.

Entering the building, he listens to the singing coming from the upstairs room, a puzzled expression on his face. He climbs the stairs and peeks into the room where the others have gathered, trying to size up those inside. When the singing has ended, he walks into the room, safe in the knowledge that the dagger in his arm sheathe is only a flick away.

What the others see:

As the singer's song ends, a smallish, disheveled figure enters the room, a large backpack strapped to his back. Without saying a word, he makes his way over to a window, and unbuckles the bag he's been carrying. His eyes dart nervously from person to person, seeming to size everyone up. He gives a quick nod and clears his throat, opening the window next to him, and looking out into the street for a brief moment.

"It's a bit stuffy in here," he rasps, clearing his throat again.

He's looks to be a man in his mid-twenties who hasn't had a bath in quite a long time. His dark-brown hair hangs in long, dirt-caked hair strands to his shoulders framing a non-descript face. Only his attentive, bright eyes make him stand out in the least. He wears well-worn travel clothes, many patches covering the knees and elbows.

After glancing out of the window for a moment he returns his focus to the others in the room, whom he continues to watch as he takes a seat next to his backpack.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Rorgun of Wrath Alley

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"And your name is...?" she asks.

Rorgun looks over to the Moth, mistrust evident in his eyes, "The name is Rorgun, and I am sure I do not know any of you."

He pulls a key from his pocket and holds it up for everyone to see, "I'm assuming we all received one of these, or is one of you the one who sent the message?" Rorgun glances around the room, looking for a reaction, before quickly glancing out of the window again.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Gerald Seaton

Blue_Genie said:
Rorgun looks over to the Moth, mistrust evident in his eyes, "The name is Rorgun, and I am sure I do not know any of you."

He pulls a key from his pocket and holds it up for everyone to see, "I'm assuming we all received one of these, or is one of you the one who sent the message?" Rorgun glances around the room, looking for a reaction, before quickly glancing out of the window again.

He seems awfully paniced, and sober compared to the people I usually see dressed like that. Maybe someone stole his bottle. Gerald smiles to himself, then speaks; "Well I am Gerald, and this is Urik and Myna, or Moth as you prefer. You should relax and enjoy evening. None of us sent that key, and I don't think anything dangerous is going to come through the window."

Blue_Genie

First Post
Rorgun of Wrath Alley

Rorgun's shoulders seem to relax a bit as he pockets the key and takes a seat on his backpack. He pulls a small, wooden flask out of his right breast pockets, uncorks it, and takes a quick pull, wincing slightly.

"Well then, I guess we'll just have to wait around until our host presents himself," he mutters to no one in particular, his eyes loosing their focus.

Turning back to Gerald, "As for the window, when it comes to danger, it's best not to assume anything, don't you think?" He chuckles slightly, as if he had said something funny.

Kangaxx

First Post
Gerald Seaton

Blue_Genie said:
"Well then, I guess we'll just have to wait around until our host presents himself," he mutters to no one in particular, his eyes loosing their focus.

Turning back to Gerald, "As for the window, when it comes to danger, it's best not to assume anything, don't you think?" He chuckles slightly, as if he had said something funny.

"I think that danger comes and goes as it pleases, and if it's looking for you, it won't care if you're looking for it. So until it shows up, we might as well be having fun. Maybe afterwards too."

Remove ads