• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Setting stuff you'd like to see in the Dungeon Masters Guild

I'm thinking about specific setting stuff here, not a generic adventure that the author says is a Forgotten Realms adventure, but that could actually happen anywhere. I'm thinking about material on the Witches of Rashemen or Chessenta, for example, or a 5e update of the Grand Conjunction modules for Ravenloft. I know I'd love to get stuff like that. In the days of 3e, athas.org created some original content that I'd pay for, and DMs Guild now allows dedicated fans to do just that. Is there anything you'd like to see there?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I love to run campaign in the Nentir Vale, so anything related to it might interest me. The thing that I like the most with the Nentir Vale is the actual lack of information on the greater world, the complet history etc: it helps the point of light feel of the setting. So the thing I'd want is not new stuff that add 1000 new towns to the setting with the complet history of the region, but something that extend the few lore we already have: the Dawn War, the bickering gods and their primordial foes, the Living Gate etc.

Yesterday while looking at the map of the setting with a PotA campaign in mind, I realized the similarity in genre and tone between the Vale and Hyrule from N64 Ocarina of Time: a small dose of forest, lake, mountains, adventurers are rare heroes, the importance of the shadowfell and the feywild, the lack of major settlements etc. It gave me an urge to change my usual gritty/grimmdark tone I give to every game I play to a more pastoral/heart fantasy vibe.

I'd like a supplement that gives information on how to use the specific PoL setting as a Pastoral/Heart fantasy setting to balance the appocalyptic world of Darksun, the generic medieval fantasy of FR or the fantasy sci-fi of Spelljammer/Planescape.

CrusaderX

First Post
I would love to see a simple but robust 5e Neverwinter product. Not a huge and overly-detailed sourcebook, but something the DM can use for info and encounters when his or her Lost Mine of Phandelver players decide to take a quick trip into that city, for example.

Cyvris

First Post
I love to run campaign in the Nentir Vale, so anything related to it might interest me. The thing that I like the most with the Nentir Vale is the actual lack of information on the greater world, the complet history etc: it helps the point of light feel of the setting. So the thing I'd want is not new stuff that add 1000 new towns to the setting with the complet history of the region, but something that extend the few lore we already have: the Dawn War, the bickering gods and their primordial foes, the Living Gate etc.

Yesterday while looking at the map of the setting with a PotA campaign in mind, I realized the similarity in genre and tone between the Vale and Hyrule from N64 Ocarina of Time: a small dose of forest, lake, mountains, adventurers are rare heroes, the importance of the shadowfell and the feywild, the lack of major settlements etc. It gave me an urge to change my usual gritty/grimmdark tone I give to every game I play to a more pastoral/heart fantasy vibe.

I'd like a supplement that gives information on how to use the specific PoL setting as a Pastoral/Heart fantasy setting to balance the appocalyptic world of Darksun, the generic medieval fantasy of FR or the fantasy sci-fi of Spelljammer/Planescape.

I really like this interpretation of the setting, though I feel mixing a little bit of Breathe of the Wilds open desolation might work well too. I never ran Nentir Vale but I almost want to now.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I you have time to dig a little in the ''lore'' of the Zelda-verse, you could find plenty of dark elements. Those damned zombies from ocarina of time are still a thing of nightmare for me!

For now I use the character sheet from Adventure in Middle-earth to give my player access to skills more focused on exploration and problem solving rather than combat, like Riddle, Lore (no difference between arcane/divine magic for most people), Shadow-Lore (for knowledge of everything related to ''vilains'') and Tradition. I also use the Shadow stat, so when the further a player act in a vilaineous way, the more he becomes a shadow of himself until he becomes a twisted reflection of his former self (think Dark Link, or the heartless from Kingdom Heart).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'm mostly waiting for Eberron or DL to be opened up, but until then:

Rashamen

East Rift

The Dragon Coast

Imaskar

But I don't really know, because I edit or outright ignore so much of what happened in the Sundering that I doubt I'd be able to use much of it.

aco175

Legend
I have seen a few things on Waterdeep that look pretty good. I think it could be changed to Neverwinter and work find. My problem is that from what I seen is that most people do not want anything not 'official'. I would like to see material on noble families of Sword Coast or a listing of trade costers. Maybe some details on groups like the Harpers where I could just plug in details on one of their hideouts and some stats on seniors NPCs.

I have thought about making some of this, but a couple things drag it down. First is that an official supplement may come along and replace it, making my work obsolete. Second is that I seem to have time to just stay n front of my gaming group. So, I end up making a bunch of partial supplements that are just enough to get my group through and them I'm on to the next adventure.

The other thing I have not seen is more people adding to someone else's work. I wrote several modules on the town of Leilon and some on the Dungeon of Southcrypt. I encouraged other DMs to make more modules and expand on what I first wrote. This would allow me to save some time and use some other DMs ideas and allow me to develop some other ideas. So far I have not seen anything. Of course, I have not piggy-backed on other DMs ideas either, so maybe all DMs partially enjoy coming up with their own ideas and like specializing to their group. I would be cool to have some starter ideas on things people want and others add more to it. An update on power groups in the realms would be good. Some changes to the Harpers and how they act in certain regions, followed by changes to the Iron Throne or another one. I would like that.

An update on power groups in the realms would be good. Some changes to the Harpers and how they act in certain regions, followed by changes to the Iron Throne or another one. I would like that.

This. There are many power groups in the Realms, but not enough about their leaderships, permanent agendas, headquarters, stuff like that, specially for games set in 1491. It should be really cool to have enough support to run a campaign where all characters are members of The Cult of the Dragon, for example (reverse Tyranny of Dragons? ;)). It's a product that I'd definitely want to buy, if done right.

Remove ads