Severance

Arilyn

Hero
We subscribed to Apple TV in order to get Prehistoric Planet and came across Severance. I'd heard of it but didn't know much. It's an excellent series with tight writing, engaging characters and a mix of thriller, personal horror, social commentary and a dash of humour. It makes me think and wonder what it'd be like to totally sever one's work and home life. I doubt anyone would actually volunteer for this? 🤔

Great show. I'd recommend it to anyone who has access.

Arilyn

Hero
It's about a large company that has severed workers. They have voluntarily undergone a procedure which splits their memories into the working self, who have no memories outside of the office and the home self who have no memories of work. The office environment is a surreal hellish place with the workers doing tasks they don't understand. The office is a labyrinth and members of each department rarely interact.

It mostly follows Mark, between his two lives. And of course, the company is up to something beyond the severed workers. It's a surreal show but draws you in. It's tense and dramatic but can also be funny. A near future sci fi that I really like. Great characters.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It was really really good.

Also Ted Lasso. Apple TV is definitely the quality over quantity streamer. It’s the exact opposite of Netflix.

Catolias

Explorer
It was really really good.

Also Ted Lasso. Apple TV is definitely the quality over quantity streamer. It’s the exact opposite of Netflix.
Agreed.

The other shows worth watching on AppleTV+ are:
  • Foundation - Adaption of Asimov’s books
  • For all mankind - alternate reality sci-fi in which USSR lands on the moon first
  • Shining Girls - adaption of Lauren Buekes novel about exposing a time-travelling mass murderer killing women in 1990s Chicago
  • Slow Horses - UK spy drama involving MI5 based on Mick Herron books

Remove ads