• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City Adventure Path Campaign (Thread Closed)

Ambrus

Explorer
Phyrrus said:
Ambrus: As you can see, we are going to be a little light on the arcane coming out of the gate, but honestly, play anything you would like to.
Well, I don't mind playing an arcane caster but I see that someone is playing an artificer. Admitedly I'm not that familiar with the class but aren't they arcane casters of some sort? I wouldn't want to be redundant.

Phyrrus

First Post
While an artificer is a mage of a sort, they are more crafters of magical effects, than true mage. Again though, I don't want to force you into a class and in a few levels, the paladin will be going sorc, working towards Eldritch Knight. So the door is open for any class, so play the one you would like and we will go from there.

Phyrrus

First Post
Jeremy and Starman: Since both of your chars are from Cauldron, would either of you like to take on the benefits and drawbacks of having one of the local hero traits? It will also be a RP thing, so unless you feel like adding that onto the pile, you are more than welcome to leave things as they are.

Ambrus: If your char is a local to the city, the choice will be yours also.

All: No pressure on this, but it was something I wanted to offer before we got things going since the opening slate is still clean.

Edit: I realized it was not fair for me to offer a trait to some and not to the others, so if any of the players do opt for a local trait, then those not from Cauldron are able to choose one trait from Unearthed Arcana. If none do take the option, then we will keep it as it stands.

Also going to edit the history and try to give more background to the city for future references.

Last edited:

Phyrrus

First Post
Large edit and update to information on town on intro post page 1. Hope the information is useful and helps flesh out the city more for everyone.

Ambrus

Explorer
Thanks for the update Phyrrus. What are the heroic traits you mentioned earlier? I can't seem to find any mention of them. Oh, would you mind using spells from the new Spell Compendium if I were to play a wizard (which seems likely at this point).

Phyrrus

First Post
Local Hero Traits:

Gnomish Racial trait *will keep name spoiler for now*

Demonscarred- One of your ancestors was a half-fiend. As a result, you carry some of that taint in you.

Dream Haunted- Your dreams are haunted by strange visions of tortured landscapes and deformed monsters. In some of the dreams, you are the deformed monster.

Long Shadowed- You are descended from a tribe of indigenous people who died out as a seperate tribe mny centuries ago. Still, this tribe's penchant for necromantic magic runs in your blood.

Mark of the Beast- One of your ancestors was a lycanthrope. Select a predatory animal of your choice; that animal feels a mystic bond with you.

Nobility:You were born into a noble family.

Scarred Soul: You've led a particularly rough life. Perhaps you're an orphan, or maybe you suffered some sort of traumatic experience as a child. Whatever the cause, your childhood experiences have left you jumpy and haunted.

Scion of Surabar: You are a descendent of the man who discovered Cauldron, helped settle the region, and aided in the defeat of a demonic army.

Touched in the Head: You are a little crazy.

Wyrm Blooded:One of your ancestors was a half-black dragon. You have some sort of distinctively draconic feature, be it reptilian eyes, scales on the back of your hands, or tiny vestigal horns on your head.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm thinking of playing a gnomish wizard who specializes in force magic, divinations and utility spells. He'd be a Cauldron native who's family has long been entrenched in the local gnomish quarter/neighbourhood as bookbinders.

Could I perhaps know what the gnomish racial trait is?

Phyrrus

First Post
I will be picking up the Spell Comp tomorrow when I run some errands, so after I pick it up and look over the spells in question, I will let you know if they can fly or not.

[sblock]Spoiler for Gnomish Racial trait: Plague Child: One of your ancestors lived during a time of great illness. You are especially resistant to diseases, but find the prospect of becoming sick yourself horrifying.[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Phyrrus said:
Edit: I realized it was not fair for me to offer a trait to some and not to the others, so if any of the players do opt for a local trait, then those not from Cauldron are able to choose one trait from Unearthed Arcana. If none do take the option, then we will keep it as it stands.
Thanks Phyrrus, originally when I read this I thought that I wouldn't bother, but after checking the SRD, the Nightsighted, Quick, Skinny, and Slippery traits all have some appeal for Flannad. I'll make a decision later.

Legildur (aka Flannad of Clan Flanath)

Remove ads