Shackled City Adventure Path Campaign (Thread Closed)

Thanee

First Post
Does this have anything to do with the Age of Worms campaign from dragon?

Because I am (well... technically) playing in an AoW game (which is currently on hold, due to the DM being swamped with work and other obligations).

Other than that, I know absolutely nothing about the campaign. :)

Bye
Thanee

Phyrrus

First Post
So we have the build thus far:

Eluvan: Half-orc fighter (primary fighter/secondary rogue later on)
Jeremy: Potential warforged atificer (primary arcane/secondary healer?)
Legildur: Potential Whisper Gnome Rogue (trapspringer spec)
Thanee: Rogue/Human Paragon (future primary divine caster/triatery rogue)

Last edited:

Phyrrus

First Post
Frukathka said:
I'd love to play a doppelganger using the Monster Class presented in Races of Destiny on page 95.

RoD was the only one I didn't pick up as I was getting the series, could you describe the breakdown without violating the copyright?

If they are similar to the Changling in Eberron, then it shouldn't be a problem, but not sure if I want to allow a full doppleganger in the game. Trying to keep things simple and fun for everyone if that makes any sense.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Phyrrus said:
RoD was the only one I didn't pick up as I was getting the series, could you describe the breakdown without violating the copyright?
I've got it written up in MS Word and PDF. I could email it to you.

frukathka.at.yahoo.dot.com

Thanee

First Post
Then I'd be interested as well. :D

Looking at the proposed concepts, I suppose some sort of spellcaster would be good.

A human (or changeling? ;)) cleric of Dalt could be fun and would probably fit well into the background, but would need to multiclass and start out with another class (either a level of rogue or human paragon (from Unearthed Arcana), if that would be allowed) in order to be able to learn Open Lock at a decent enough level to be useful. :)

The Eberron races (Changeling, Warforged) also appear as normal races in MMIII, BTW, so it's not that much of a stretch to allow them in a Greyhawk campaign.

Bye
Thanee

Legildur

First Post
Phyrrus said:
With a good backstory of what would bring a reclusive whisper gnome to live in a big city, I will allow it. I know with all of their bonuses that they become the perfect rogues, so spin a good yarn, and I will allow it, otherwise the halfling/elvish rogue is all yours.
I know next to nothing about Greyhawk, so please feel free to make any suggestions.

Background of Flanadd[SBLOCK]It had been a long year. A long year far from home. And a hard year. It seemed almost a lifetime ago that Flanadd of clan Falath had first ventured from his homeland in pursuit of a rogue halfling. The halfling went by the name of Rosco Hilltopple, but that was probably a simple alias. The worst part was the shame of it. The shame of a clan of Whisper Gnomes taken by a simple con and by a halfling. It was too much to bear. The clan's loss of a family heirloom was a disaster and disgrace, and they'd be the laughing stock of the families should word get out. Such was the shame that the deed was never spoken of again after the initial days.

It occurred during the celebrations for the matriach's 444th birthday - a momentous event. Many of the gnomes blamed themselves for the loss, citing that they should have seen it coming, or mentioned something they thought odd. But Rosco, or whatever his name really was, had been made welcome and had stayed for some time - it seems to make his plans and ingratiate himself; for he had, as Flanadd well knew, as he was one of many taken by the charismatic halfling.

As a young and impetuous gnome, Flanadd's blood boiled at the affront and the loss. Eventually he and his friend Skorlun Daergl swore an oath to each other to track down Rosco and see justice (and retribution) done.

'Twas a year ago that the friends set out with barely a word to anyone. And initially their hopes were high in returning to the clan as heroes. But as the weeks and months wore on, their morale subsided, and success looked less and less sure. Whoever Rosco was, he was elusive and left little sign of his passage - a glimpse by someone here, a victim there - just little things that a Whisper Gnome would recognise. And no sign of the heirloom either - so not even an option to steal it back or even buy it.

As time wore on, and each village and town began to look more and alike, funds ran out, and the friends were reduced to escalating their petty thievery to survive. But their luck ran out and a nasty encounter with the town guard left Skorlon dead and Flanadd with a badly wounded arm.

That was 2 weeks ago. The arm, now mostly healed thanks to a friendly priest, but a heart still heavy with the loss of his friend - particularly as he couldn't save him or even bury him without giving himself up (and he knew the penalty for that). Now Flanadd stands outside a bar, desperation increasing with no money, and no will to return home to an uncertain welcome. He licks his lips, wishing for the taste of a decent ale, and maybe a slice of warm bread, but more than anything else - a future![/SBLOCK]

Phyrrus

First Post
Legildur: Consider the Whisper Gnome yours, and after I post the city info for Cauldron, just tweak the history to fit him into being there.

Thanee: As we don't have a priest of any sort yet, a cleric would be nice. Where is Dalt listed at? Also a true caster would be handy as well, so either one is fine with me. Also, Human Paragon is an acceptable starting class with a good history of what makes him a niche above his fellow men/women.

Legildur

First Post
Phyrrus said:
Legildur: Consider the Whisper Gnome yours, and after I post the city info for Cauldron, just tweak the history to fit him into being there.
<grin> Too easy. Probably have a full character ready in about 24 hours.

Remove ads